space bar play/stop

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There's probably an easy solution that I dont know about (MuLab is very deep), but I have two screens, Mulab on one, plugins I'm playing/tweeking on the other. I use my qwerty keyboard to switch play/stop but it does not have "focus" when focus is on the plugin, so I have to move the mouse to the mulab screen click there to get focus. I would like for the space bar the always have focus. It's just a small work flow annoyance not a major problem :wink:

It would be a pain if you were editing a value in the plug in that needed a space (patch name or something)...

If you use a midi keyboard does it not have dedicated transport buttons or any that could be mapped to the play button ?
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

pljones wrote:It would be a pain if you were editing a value in the plug in that needed a space (patch name or something)...
Yes, I hadn't thought of that.
bibz1st wrote:If you use a midi keyboard does it not have dedicated transport buttons or any that could be mapped to the play button ?
I have numerous knobs, preset buttons and function buttons but none appear to be play/stop or configurable for that purpose. Must check why I have not found this as an annoyance in Studio one.
I was just wondering if there was something I had missed as an option.

Studio one professional v3, space bar controls play/stop whichever window is being used and works to place spaces when naming presets. Presonus has more people to work on little things like this though. :oops:

I have to wake up this thread because of feeling as well very annoyed with this issue...

After Image Line have fixed this issue as well for some while now, MuLab is the last DAW I am aware of, which let plugins steal the space bar for start and stop...
pljones wrote:It would be a pain if you were editing a value in the plug in that needed a space (patch name or something)...
Sorry, but this is simply no argument because:

1. How is the ratio between using the space bar for start and stop and using space bar in a plugin??? 1000:1 or perhaps in my case at least 10000:1 ... which should have priority???
2. Other DAW´s use i.e. shift+space bar for inserting a space in a plugin editor for i.e. renaming, so there would be still some options...
3. There is definetely a way to let the DAW recognize, if the plugin opens a text field for renaming a preset and could in this case pass the space bar through to the plugin...
4. It works fine with internal MUX...only VSTs are affected...

There should be at least a user preference, how space bar shall behave.
For me, how it is now ruins my workflow completely.... I use the space bar a lot, while working on a plugin and additional clicking to bring back Mulab in focus is like driving a formula 1 racing car in a city at rush hour... it is possible, but no one would do it voluntary...

Sorry, but have to whine a bit... :cry:

Return to “MUTOOLS”