MuLab 7.2.24

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

There is a new MuLab 7.2 test version in http://www.mutools.com/galaxa/

How to install:

Windows: Put the new .exe and .id files into an existing M7.1 installation folder.
Mac: Put the new .app file into an existing M7.1 installation folder.

What's new:
  • New Grain Player module.
  • New Sample DSP function "Normalize Dynamic". This function can dynamically boost the audio level of samples. For example applied on drum samples this can give powerful sounds.
  • Improved transient detection algorithm.
  • Text input: Typing characters could trigger shortcut functions for these characters, which is not intended in this case of course. Fixed.
  • Faster loading of MUX synth presets.
  • Faster rendering of Multi-Form Oscillator waveforms.
  • Windows: When the left-right mouse buttons are swapped, dragging didn't properly work anymore. Fixed.
  • MacOS: Fixed a potential crash bug when searching for files, eg. in the project browser.
Please note that this is a brand new test version and should be handled carefully cause it could still contain bugs.
Also note that the new Grain Player editor is not yet 100% polished.
But things are ready enough to start this test phase.

Info about the new Grain Player module:

This module plays a sample grain, that is a (little) section of a sample, looped.
The great thig is that the start and length of the grain can modulated dynamically, creating all kinds of special effects.

The sample start-end markers define the region in which the grain can start.
The Grain Start parameter works within this region.
The Grain Length parameter goes from almost zero to Max Length.

There are 3 modes:

Playback = Standard sample playback as if you're playing a sample, but than in short snippets = the grains.

Waveform = The grain is handled as a waveform. So you can play the grains in a melodic way, just like an oscillator.

Resonator = The grain length is set so that when the grain is looped it will sound at the relevant pitch.
It is a bit similar as Waveform mode, but it's different. Note that in this mode the Grain Length parameter is unused.

The Crossfade amount defines how much crossfade smoothing must be applied while grains are dynamically changing. Without crossfade, intense changes in grain start/length can cause clicks.

Grain Random defines the jitter on the timing of the grain. Expressed in microseconds so it can be used subtly.

All constructive feedback on this M7.2 test version very welcome.
And if you would encounter any bugs, pls let me know the details.

Cheers,

Jo

Thanks for the new great update/test version Jo!!! :hug:
The new grain player is really amazing! :band: :party:

Thank you Jo all your hard work is very much appreciated ;-) ;-) ;-)
Last edited by sl23 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great Update :party:

Attached is a little percussion mux I made with the new GrainPlayer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Funny patch :)

mutools wrote:Funny patch :)
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Just tried the latest patch, not explored the new module yet but I'm getting crashing when trying to load a mux I made yesterday in previous version. I will keep trying as it may be something on my side but I tried it with previous version I have on USB stick and it works. Will report back soon

Well the old girl crashed hard, had to reboot. Thought maybe a restart would help but its crashed again, its the Windows message "Mulab EXE has stopped working"
Im using 64 bit version on 64 bit machine
What other info would you like?

I'll be about 45 mins before I can try again, watching Red Dwarf :)
Last edited by bibz1st on Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Tried to replace the Basic synth with the preset Alpinski and it Crashes

Turns out I've already seen that episode, so tried again with 32 bit Mulab, same problem.
edit
It seems to work with the factory presets but not mine, could it be something to do with the "Upgrade MUX Presets" option in the help menu ?
edit
As a test I created separate folder and put a copy of my mux patch in it and tried the "Upgrade Mux Presets" option just on that one patch, crashed with same windows message
I should say at this point that the patch in question is nothing unusual, a very simple synth.

Hi bibz1st your patches contain MFO?
Because it seems that the mfo causes crash,
I confirm that the crash occurs on windows 7 both 32 and 64 bit,but here It appears only with patches that contain multiform oscillator and even if you only load the MFO module Mulab crash.

Confirmed bug. Sorry bout that. Will be fixed asap.

@Taifunk
Yes it does contain MFO, good catch
@ Jo
Thanks for all the work

There is a new MuLab 7.2.1 test version in http://www.mutools.com/galaxa/

How to install:

Windows: Put the new .exe and .id files into an existing M7.1 installation folder.
Mac: Put the new .app file into an existing M7.1 installation folder.

What's new:
  • Fixed a crash bug in the waveforms sub-system.
  • Grain Player: Start and Length parameters now expressed in (milli)seconds instead of %
  • Grain Player: Length parameter shows "-----" when in Resonator mode so to indicate it's unused.

Thanks Jo :tu:
bibz1st wrote:@Taifunk
Yes it does contain MFO, good catch
Thanks bibz1 :tu:

Hi Jo,I have a question,the new grain player has the loop option?
Because I have a strange thing to report,
when you drag a sample in the new module the "loop mode" appears and disappears,
and the interpolation settings return to the default setting,at least from what I can see in the advanced options.
a screenshot of what appears:
-.PNG
-.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MUTOOLS”