MuLab Purchase Questions

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been trying out the Mulab free version, and I am considering a Christmas purchase.
I have been using Reason for a while, and it's a good DAW. But I really like Mulab, it's more intuitive for me. It just is easier to work with, sounds great, and I know there's plenty under the hood as I get more familiar with it. I'm no pro producer, but I enjoy learning more as I go.
I have some questions that maybe the forum can help me out with.

My computer is 64-bit so I am using Mulab 64-bit. But apparently most of my VST's are 32bit and aren't recognized. Not a big deal, these are all free vst's, but there are several that I want to use. My old HG Fortune synths, SupaTrigga and LiveCut. If I use the 32bit Mulab will it work on my 64bit computer? Are there any downsides to 32bit vs. 64bit?

My free version doesn't seem to include the new grain player. Will my full paid version have it?

Any plans for a future glitch-type effect?

Does the full version come with any loops that I can edit in the sampler?

Anyone in this Mulab community who is experienced interested in making any editing tutorials? Things like how to make good drum/hi-hat rolls, or how to make glitch type sounds? Here is an example of a tutorial that I found useful :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et4MzAYlQok

Well, thanks for any and all advice. Mulab is a very nice DAW, intuitive, uncluttered, nice work flow, and sounds great. Nice price too!!! :tu:

SpaceGhost wrote:My computer is 64-bit so I am using Mulab 64-bit. But apparently most of my VST's are 32bit and aren't recognized. Not a big deal, these are all free vst's, but there are several that I want to use. My old HG Fortune synths, SupaTrigga and LiveCut. If I use the 32bit Mulab will it work on my 64bit computer? Are there any downsides to 32bit vs. 64bit?
Yes, 32 bit Mulab will work on 64 bit OS, only downside of using 32 bit version is accessing no more than 4 GIG's of RAM, which IMO isn't big deal if you aren't using too much sampled libraries that seeks plenty of RAM.

Also there's solution for bridging 32 bit plugins to work in 64 bit DAW: https://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/
My free version doesn't seem to include the new grain player. Will my full paid version have it?
Download new beta. :tu:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=473311
Any plans for a future glitch-type effect?
Try this: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=468119

Does the full version come with any loops that I can edit in the sampler?
Full and free versions are same, you are using free version until some of this things are reached, than you enter in demo mode with noise, read this:

http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/ ... sions.html
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Thank you very much Zexila.

I have another question, it's probably very simple to those more experienced.

When I copy and paste sequences, how do I make the new copy a unique sequence so that I can make changes without affecting the original sequence?

I'm sure it's simple and I'm just overlooking something.

The piano roll in Mulab is awesome!!!

Zexila, I downloaded the QuickStepfx and followed the directions and put it in the user library/mux/effects folder. Works great!! Thanks a million!!

SpaceGhost wrote:When I copy and paste sequences, how do I make the new copy a unique sequence so that I can make changes without affecting the original sequence?
Right mouse click>Consolidate maybe, not sure, when I copy over new sequences (holding cmd/ctrl and dragging), they are unique and can edit every one of them without affecting the original, but than again, I'm not MuLab power user, just hang around here. :lol:
Last edited by Zexila on Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

SpaceGhost wrote:Zexila, I downloaded the QuickStepfx and followed the directions and put it in the user library/mux/effects folder. Works great!! Thanks a million!!
Have a blast my friend and if you get stuck somewhere, just ask, this community is awesome and quick to answer, welcome. :hug:

For the unique sequence, I found that I can copy the original, then rt click the new one and choose Make Unique Sequence.

Mulab seems pretty easy to work with.

Awesome, you find your way out. :tu:

I think there's an option to toggle whether copy/paste creates unique by default or not (I think I might have asked for it...).

If you copy parts by dragging then you can choose whether the copy is unique or shared. See http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/composer.html

There indeed is a preference that can switch the default copy mode, see MuLab menu -> Preferences -> Standard Copy Part Is Shared Copy.

If you use copy-paste to copy parts, it are shared copies. You can make them unique via part context menu -> Make Unique.

SpaceGhost wrote:The piano roll in Mulab is awesome!!!
Yeah, quite like it too, only wish there was something like layered editing/ghost notes. :tu:

mutools wrote: If you use copy-paste to copy parts, it are shared copies. You can make them unique via part context menu -> Make Unique.
"Make it Unique" I've been struggling to understand how to alter copied sequences for a while, thanks. :D
I say it again MuLab is deceptively deep :)

heks wrote:
mutools wrote: If you use copy-paste to copy parts, it are shared copies. You can make them unique via part context menu -> Make Unique.
"Make it Unique" I've been struggling to understand how to alter copied sequences for a while, thanks. :D
I say it again MuLab is deceptively deep :)
It shouldn't perform like that by default at all in first place, here's the proof that it just makes confusion, that's not usual copy/paste behavior, one should really need to have a reason to have it that way and use some other shortcut, not other way around.

Its a Preference Option, not forced to do it that way
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

bibz1st wrote:Its a Preference Option, not forced to do it that way
But why two guys over here that started out than have issue with it, for preference thing, it should be off by default and they should come over here to ask where to turn it on, not other way around.

Return to “MUTOOLS”