Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

2017-composer's wishes

mutools
KVRAF

9212 posts since 24 Jun, 2008, from Europe

Postby mutools; Mon May 15, 2017 2:42 am Re: 2017-composer's wishes

nenneb wrote:Would it be possible to get a tracks MIDI-channel-setting visible beside the Solo/Mute-Buttons to have a quick overview? And a click on that indicator should open the channel-setting-dialogbox.

I know about this request but a MIDI channel field would be irrelevant for audio tracks ie tracks with only audio parts. Thing is that in the current concept all tracks are hybrid tracks ie they can contain anything and so adding a MIDI channel to a track would give all tracks a MIDI channel, also tracks on which you put only audio, which would bloat the UI too much i think. So for adding such tracking MIDI channel field the track concept should change. Maybe that will happen, maybe not, it's something that requires careful thought.
mutools
KVRAF

Postby mutools; Mon May 15, 2017 2:42 am Re: 2017-composer's wishes

runaudio wrote:nenneb i advise you to switch daw because none of those things are happening any time soon :hihi:

Thank you for your positive and constructive vibe runaudio, much appreciated :(
runaudio
KVRian

1118 posts since 22 Feb, 2014

Postby runaudio; Mon May 15, 2017 2:57 am Re: 2017-composer's wishes

mutools wrote:
runaudio wrote:nenneb i advise you to switch daw because none of those things are happening any time soon :hihi:

Thank you for your positive and constructive vibe runaudio, much appreciated :(

Very Sorry to upset you i didnt mean to i have asked you to change the knee on compressor to db over a year and still waiting :(
Michael L
KVRAF

1821 posts since 25 Jan, 2014, from the End of the World as we Knowit

Postby Michael L; Mon May 15, 2017 2:58 am Re: 2017-composer's wishes

Perhaps I am missing nenneb's point, but a shortcut key can be assigned to open a dialog box under Manage Shortcuts> MuLab Projects> Edit Midi Input Channel Targets
"As the artist goes deeper into his own thing, he learns what works and then needs fewer tools."
mutools
KVRAF

Postby mutools; Mon May 15, 2017 3:06 am Re: 2017-composer's wishes

runaudio wrote:Very Sorry to upset you i didnt mean to i have asked you to change the knee on compressor to db over a year and still waiting :(

1) You clearly did not yet Read This

2) As long as there is only one coder, unfortunately there will be many many FRs (even nice FRs) that will never be implemented because it's time-mathematically not possible. As long that's the situation i'll focus on first things first. (in an organic way)

3) You cannot force FRs.

Runaudio you're around here on the forum for quite some time, so you know the situation. With negative posts like the one you made you are slowing down R&D hence shooting in your own foot.
runaudio
KVRian

1118 posts since 22 Feb, 2014

Postby runaudio; Mon May 15, 2017 3:09 am Re: 2017-composer's wishes

my apologies Very Sorry :hug:
mutools
KVRAF

Postby mutools; Mon May 15, 2017 3:12 am Re: 2017-composer's wishes

Michael L wrote:Perhaps I am missing nenneb's point, but a shortcut key can be assigned to open a dialog box under Manage Shortcuts> MuLab Projects> Edit Midi Input Channel Targets

Good suggestion.
Or a shortcut to "Choose MIDI Channel" as that's what nenneb needs i think.
Then hover the track and press the shortcut, it works, just double-checked that.
mutools
KVRAF

Postby mutools; Mon May 15, 2017 3:14 am Re: 2017-composer's wishes

runaudio wrote:my apologies Very Sorry :hug:

The problem is that this situation happened several times already. I'd appreciate if you could control yourself a bit more. I do understand that it's a bit frustrating that R&D goes slower than we all wish, also for me! But i'm just a human, no magician. I'm working on new versions and meanwhile i'm also searching for solutions on how things can grow faster. That's not an easy challenge.
freddo
KVRist

102 posts since 28 Apr, 2017, from "Me? I live everywhere, or I'd be dead"

Postby freddo; Mon May 15, 2017 3:23 am Re: 2017-composer's wishes

It's easy to understand your predicament, but hard, as a user to maintain composure in the cold light of day.
I'm sure I speak for all when I say that I hope this gets remedied, and soon ;-)
You're doing a great job here :-)
:hihi: :lol:
mutools
KVRAF

Postby mutools; Mon May 15, 2017 3:33 am Re: 2017-composer's wishes

freddo wrote:It's easy to understand your predicament, but hard, as a user to maintain composure in the cold light of day.

I'm aware there is a practical issue, for both users and dev.
But won't this always be the case? Even if all wishes are implemented then the new wishlist will be double in length. As the circle (= the existing app) grows, its circumference ( = the border = where the dreams & wishes start) keeps getting bigger and bigger.
I'm sure I speak for all when I say that I hope this gets remedied, and soon ;-)

What remedy do you see?
freddo
KVRist

Postby freddo; Mon May 15, 2017 3:37 am Re: 2017-composer's wishes

My apologies, did I speak out of turn?
That was not my intention to come across that way :oops:
It was meant as a general comment of hope, not as an impatient "get it sorted now" comment.
Forgive me, I shall choose my words more carefully!
mutools
KVRAF

Postby mutools; Mon May 15, 2017 3:40 am Re: 2017-composer's wishes

Oops, think there is a misunderstanding. I had no prob with your reply. Did my reply sound so? Which expression?
What i simply wanted to say is: Which remedy do you see? Cooperation with another dev/company? Anything else?
mutools
KVRAF

Postby mutools; Mon May 15, 2017 3:43 am Re: 2017-composer's wishes

Open sourcing the whole project is not an option. Open sourcing specific parts or making an SDK for writing functional plugins may be an option. I'm thinking about things. Also R&Ding M8.
freddo
KVRist

Postby freddo; Mon May 15, 2017 3:57 am Re: 2017-composer's wishes

mutools wrote:Oops, think there is a misunderstanding. I had no prob with your reply. Did my reply sound so? Which expression?

Honestly? No, not at all, but it made me reread my post in a different light. That made me see you may have taken my intentions the wrong way, my mistake, not yours :tu:
nenneb
KVRist

104 posts since 8 Dec, 2015

Postby nenneb; Mon May 15, 2017 4:01 am Re: 2017-composer's wishes

No, Michael L. and Mutools, it's not the shortcut. I know about that and I don't mind to click the mouse twice. My FR was the visible control. I often use a multitrack sound-module playing different sounds depending on MIDI-channel. By default, all tracks carry the same name (the one of the module). Now, you know: Move elements, move them back, copy there and there, remove unused tracks ... Where does the actual track send to?
Workaround is to name the tracks manually.
It only would be more comfortable to get this information displayed directly. And yes, Jo, I respect your thoughts about hybrid tracks. But on the other hand: That small 2-digit-display doesn't cost extra space and wont't be a massive change the GUI. And does it really harm, if you use the track for audio and it shows useless information? Maybe one adds a sub-track for controllers, that's MIDI-channel defaults to "parent" - but what was parent=xx? Here useless information becomes useful again ...
PreviousNext

Moderators: mutools, muzycian

Return to MUTOOLS