Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

2017-composer's wishes

mutools
KVRAF

9212 posts since 24 Jun, 2008, from Europe

Postby mutools; Mon May 15, 2017 4:54 am Re: 2017-composer's wishes

Indeed i want to avoid bloatedness as much as possible. I know one little irrelevant thing won't make it completely bloated, but it's where bloatedness starts.

For M7 solution is simple and easy, imho: Name the tracks as you want, eventually including a MIDI chan nr.
freddo
KVRist

102 posts since 28 Apr, 2017, from "Me? I live everywhere, or I'd be dead"

Postby freddo; Mon May 15, 2017 6:47 am Re: 2017-composer's wishes

mutools wrote:Open sourcing the whole project is not an option. Open sourcing specific parts or making an SDK for writing functional plugins may be an option. I'm thinking about things. Also R&Ding M8.

Perhaps the best route for now is Plugins. But what happens when a plugin is no longer developed and becomes unstable? The only solution is for you to take over or lose the functionality provided by such plugins. Obviously, you have enough on your plate, so the reality is that the plugin would be ditched.

Unless the development of plugins is a more community based affair. Where you monitor and offer limited guidance where necessary. This way, if a plugin dev loses interest and the plugin becomes unstable, the community could offer updates/solutions. 8)
:hihi: :lol:
freddo
KVRist

Postby freddo; Mon May 15, 2017 6:48 am Re: 2017-composer's wishes

:scared:
Last edited by freddo on Mon May 15, 2017 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
freddo
KVRist

Postby freddo; Mon May 15, 2017 6:49 am Re: 2017-composer's wishes

mutools wrote:Indeed i want to avoid bloatedness as much as possible. I know one little irrelevant thing won't make it completely bloated, but it's where bloatedness starts.

For M7 solution is simple and easy, imho: Name the tracks as you want, eventually including a MIDI chan nr.

That's what makes this DAW so attractive, after all! :love:
pljones
KVRAF

6024 posts since 8 Feb, 2003, from London, UK

Postby pljones; Mon May 15, 2017 1:40 pm Re: 2017-composer's wishes

freddo wrote:Unless the development of plugins is a more community based affair. Where you monitor and offer limited guidance where necessary. This way, if a plugin dev loses interest and the plugin becomes unstable, the community could offer updates/solutions. 8)
Perhaps any new plugin-API-based content could be required to be open source (e.g. "by use of this API, you agree to the follow licence terms .. your code will be {insert open source licence here}"). That way it would allow the community to maintain any desired content even after the original author had moved on.
nenneb
KVRist

104 posts since 8 Dec, 2015

Postby nenneb; Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:03 am Re: 2017-composer's wishes

Mutools, could you please implement a mode that sets ruler-zoom and song-position for every track identically?
At least to me it would be useful, when I'm in Edit-mode and click a track to edit, than another one to look, what we play there, than another one, than back one to the edited track.
It would be even more attractive to see multiple tracks at the same time. But I don't ask for that because I think, that would be really difficult to implement.
But when composing, I need to get a vertical impression. The actual existing individual view has it's advantages, but not always. Should be selectable.
mutools
KVRAF

9212 posts since 24 Jun, 2008, from Europe

Postby mutools; Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:32 am Re: 2017-composer's wishes

I understand your request but atm can't give a confirmation / estimation when it will be implemented. As a semi solution you could assign key shortcuts to the Copy Time Zoom and Paste Time Zoom functions and use these to quickly sync editor views.
Previous

Moderators: mutools, muzycian

Return to MUTOOLS