Time signature supposed to be in MuLab Composer context menu ...

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

... but I can't find it there. Quoting from the manual:
You can set a composition's time signature via its context menu i.e. right-click the composer background -> Edit Properties. You can set it to 2/4, 3/4, 4/4 etc. ...

In the composer background context menu, I see a bunch of options under a "Composition" submenu and a another bunch under a "Editor" submenu. None of them have are related to time signature -- not even in the tempo map -- and none of them contain the word "properties".

Am I in the wrong place? I am using MuLab 7.2.23 in "free" mode. I'll buy it if I can make it do 3/4 time.

Thanks in advance.

--Bob Richard

At left of the red metronome at the top of Mulab's screen you find a tempo (by default around 120). Click it with the right button of your mouse, and you can tweak your tempo but also the number of beats per bar.

Another trick: at the bottom of the panel, around the middle of the right side you can see a little field showing the word "Bar". Click on it, and a menu appears with many options (Bar, 3 beat, 2 beat, beat, 1/8th, 1/12th, etc.).
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:At left of the red metronome at the top of Mulab's screen you find a tempo (by default around 120). Click it with the right button of your mouse ...
Thank you! The manual section on tempo doesn't mention time signature, so it didn't come up in Google search.

rrichard63 wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:At left of the red metronome at the top of Mulab's screen you find a tempo (by default around 120). Click it with the right button of your mouse ...
Thank you! The manual section on tempo doesn't mention time signature, so it didn't come up in Google search.
:D :tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Added the term "time signature" to the doc page about the transport panel: http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/transport.html

May take a bit of time before it appears in google's search results.

mutools wrote:Added the term "time signature" to the doc page about the transport panel: http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/transport.html. ...
That was fast! Thank you. Is the reference to time signature in the Composer view part of the documentation wrong? Or did I miss something there?

It's about two different ways to the same thing.

mutools wrote:It's about two different ways to the same thing.
euuhm... not. The documentation is wrong. The context menu clicked from the composer background does not have "Edit Properties", so no Time Signature either (v7.7.4).

When I buy Mulab (next week, most probably, but still testing...), I'll ask for the doc to be corrected :neutral:

Return to “MUTOOLS”