VST window crops plugin

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I just bought MUX and I think it's terrific, but I've run into a pretty serious problem running MUX under Windows. I have an issue with some plugins where the VST plugin is too large and the bottom of MUX's VST window is cropped off making it so I cannot access any controls that are on the very bottom of the plugin. Reaper handles this issue by adding scroll bars to windows that are larger than the screen (see attached #2, note the scroll bar on the RHS, allowing me to access the lowest controls -- the buttons to the left of the virtual keyboard in Strobe 2 are pretty crucial), but MUX doesn't seem to have scroll bars. Is there any way to hide the top window area (menu bar area) within MUX to allow slightly more real-estate for a plugin? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Grant
Strobe 2 in MUX VST Window.jpg
Strobe 2 in Reaper VST Window.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

No the top control bar is not hidable. Atm the only workarounds i see are
* Move the window according to the portion you want to see.
* Check if the VST plugin has a scale option.
* Use a larger screen.

Thanks for the quick response.

>>* Move the window according to the portion you want to see.
It is not possible to drag a window abaove the top of the screen in Windows.

>>* Check if the VST plugin has a scale option.
Yes, this is an option for some plugins (including Strobe), but I have a number of 'large' plugins that do not have this option.

>>* Use a larger screen.
That would be nice, but it is not an option.

Any hope this issue might be addressed either via a relocatable top area or via scroll bars on a future release?

grant58 wrote: >>* Move the window according to the portion you want to see.
It is not possible to drag a window abaove the top of the screen in Windows.
In the next version it will be possible to move MuTools specific windows above the top of the screen via [Alt]+drag border.

Awesome. Thanks so much for adressing this. Do you have a time frame for the new release?

Surely it would make more sense to have scrollbars!

I'll do my best to release a small 'maintenance' update on short term, say this month, can't be more precise atm.

Return to “MUTOOLS”