Switch LFO destinations

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That sounds like a good idea, thanks for your answers :-D

Nearly done, here's v4, for anyone interested...
8 Sw Example - v4.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks for sharing :tu:
There are some things to fix,
In polysynth open meta-parameter 2 and delete the "offset".
Right click on amp envelope and chose >set as main envelope,(This is necessary because each patch made in polysynth)
Delete the AM 2 control and connect the out 2 and 6 to AM 1,in this case is better a single control.

I made the changes for you,check the patch attached. :)
(I placed the global am control near the volume control)
8 Sw Example mod- v4.zip
EDIT:
you're using the latest version for build this patch?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks for the fixes Taifunk.
I'll add them tomorrow now, late and off to bed!
Just been working on it all evening, at v5 now!
Here's the patch...
8 Sw Example - v5.rar

Taifunk wrote:
sl23 wrote:I am stuck again however trying to get a noise generator to run in parallel with the mfo / lfo. The volume spikes massively and goes quiet, despite level meters being maxed out.only when pad 3 is active I think. I'll check later.
I think this is caused by the velocity settings in the oscillators,I set them to zero and added a global VS control on the front panel.
I also deleted the changes that I explained in the previous post and added a control for the amplitude modulation(am) on the front panel,It uses the same trick, but now you can manually adjust the intensity of the volume modulation.
also added a noise generator that can be mixed with the mfo/lfo.
I'm still having issues with the filter modulation spiking, I remembered asking about it but somehow missed the above post.

Before I go messing about with it and doing something wrong, could you tell me if I still need to follow the above instructions on the latest v5? Although I'm currently on v6 but internally little changes were made, mostly front panel stuff and module, knob renames.

You also mention a VS knob, what is this? Is it still required?

I'm out and about so can't upload latest patch yet.

checked, yes, many of the changes are necessary,If you can upload the version 6 I take a look at the patch and let you know all :tu:
sl23 wrote: You also mention a VS knob, what is this? Is it still required?
VS = a global control for volume "velocity sensitivity"

OK thanks I'll take a look at that old patch see if I can solve it :tu:

I've just attempted to add those changes, the problem persists. Have I done everything you stated?
I've also updated the patch and renamed it to MC-909 v1. My intention was to model the panel construction in a similar fashion to Roland's Groovebox. But I added some extras :D

Here's the update...
MC-909 v1.rar

WELL DONE SL23 ! :)
you start with a simple patch ,now many steps ahead :tu:
ok now I realized the problem with the filters,try to change the filter type,replace the multi mode filters with the tf lowpass,It is more suitable for modulations at audio rate.
Everything else seems ok.

Thanks for the feedback, and for all your help :tu:

My only issue with your suggestion is that you are limiting your scope of tones with only a LPF. Is this because I'm using the MFO as LFO? So the modulation is too fast?

Btw, each Tone has 3 sources, Oscillator, MFO and Sampler, but I wanted to be able to switch between them as they are not meant to be used together, even if it does give some mental sounds!! Hopefully when Jo implements that Switch Module I can replace that LFO functionality and add Osc switching too. Would be nice to have some kind of indicator too for seeing which source/destination's are selected.

EDIT: TF filter works a treat!

You're welcome :tu:
sl23 wrote:My only issue with your suggestion is that you are limiting your scope of tones with only a LPF. Is this because I'm using the MFO as LFO? So the modulation is too fast?
exactly, but you can still solve in other ways,let me know if this works ok:

I added an unipolarizer and lp filter after the modulation sources to limit the frequencies,in this way you can also use the multimode filter :)
I added the pad to select the sound source osc>mfo>samp. or All :)

AARRGGHH!! NO! You've messed my layout up! :evil: :dog:
But for good reason :hyper: :hyper:

Seriously, thanks for doing that, dunno where to put those pads though! :lol:

I did all the work under the hood :tu:
but left the controls highlighted so you can place them where you want :D

Really appreciated :tu:

What exactly do the LPF and unipolariser do? Are they attenuating the sound by reducing mod to single pole? Is that all?

sl23 wrote:Really appreciated :tu:

What exactly do the LPF and unipolariser do? Are they attenuating the sound by reducing mod to single pole? Is that all?
:tu:
unipolarizer>with just one click the waveform becomes unipolar like lfo function "change to unipolar"
Low pass filter>limits some frequencies and smooth the waveforms,this is required only when using the multimode filter,not necessary with the tf filter.

Return to “MUTOOLS”