EQ LP,HP filter

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

imstre wrote:Thank you very much sl23 !
I understand :)
and do it HP filter 24 and 48 :) One multimode filters = 12 db/okt, 2=24; 3=36; :)
Can do interesing tools :)
:)
No problem glad to help!
Perhaps I should've explained that part about the dB/Oct! Sorry didn't think about it where so tired! :?

Taifunk; :D
I goog to do eq hpFiltr 24 db ? :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Orion, Bitwig, Tracktion, Mixbus :party: :tu: :clap:
Win 10, intel i7, ram 20 steinberg UR22mkII :wink:

@Taifunk A while Back i made a EQ8 and it had 48db but Andreas sent me these settings to improve it

@ imstre Yes Correct :tu:

runaudio wrote:@ imstre Yes Correct :tu:
:hug: Thank you :)

sl23 wrote:
Taifunk wrote:no need to link all the filter Q factor to a single control,otherwise you get a tremendous resonance that destroys your ears and your home.
Isn't that the idea?! :-D
of course :hihi:
runaudio wrote:@Taifunk A while Back i made a EQ8 and it had 48db but Andreas sent me these settings to improve it
Not a criticism,just a suggestion to use caution,I do not know the proper use of these settings you posted.
Instead,how about sharing the patch? :)
imstre wrote:Taifunk; :D
I goog to do eq hpFiltr 24 db ? :?
Hi imstre,Try the patch attached,
I have limited the Q factor in a non-scientific way :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Taifunk :)
very many thank! to see and learn :)

Here's the link this was a couple of years ago

thank runaudio! :)

@imstre Try this and Taifunk updated your patch hope you dont mine

Wow, i didn't know that i'm the approved expert around here ;)

But here we go:
Mulab Multimode filter is a State Variable Filter (something you can google) with a total of 12dB/oct slope. This is for all it's filter types!
If you use the LP, it's 12dB. If you use HP, it's 12 dB, If you use the BP, it's 12dB but 6dB for HP part and 6dB for the LP part.
The Mulab TF Lowpass filter is a 24dB/oct low pass and a low pass only.
The Mulab 1P Lowpass is a 6dB low pass and a low pass only.

In general you can put as many filters in series as you like and the result will be a response where the single filter slopes are added.
Asuming you set the cutoff in all modules of the below at the same value:
Connect a 1P Lowpass to a Multi Mode Filter set as low pass and this to a TF Lowpass, you get 6dB/oct + 12 dB/oct + 24dB/oct = 42dB/oct low pass.

Connect 3 Multi Mode filters set as HP you get 12+12+12=36dB/oct high pass.
Switch one of them to LP and you get a band pass with a 24dB/oct HP and a 12dB/oct LP.

Now those numbers Runaudio provided are settings for so called Butterworth filters. Because of their characteristics they are most often used in crossovers. If, for example, you have a HP and a LP in parallel and add them, you get a flat frequency response, which is what you want in a crossover.

As said, these numbers refer to the Q value in the filters (actually the 1/Q)!
Each number is meant for a 6dB slope. As we only have a 12dB universal filter in Mulab that can adjust Q, we have to combine 2 numbers for 1 Multi Mode filter.
Following the numbers you can directly dial in the Multi Mode filters:
12dB = 1 MM filter: Q=0.71
24dB = 2 MM filter: Q1=1.3, Q2
36dB = 3 MM filter: Q1=1.93, Q2=0.52, Q3=0.71
48dB = 4 MM filter: Q1=2.56, Q2=0.9, Q3=0.6, Q4=0.51

This works for all those filters set to HP or as LP!
If you set the Q different, no harm is done. You just get a different resonance and your overall frequency response is no longer flat.
If you combine several filters and link all Q values to 1 knob, be aware that Q's multiply and you get a much higher resonance peak than with the same value from a single MM filter.

And it does not matter at all in what sequence the filters are set up!

I hope this helps
Andreas

@Andreas so great one lol Patch maybe ?

Never ceases to amaze! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you so much for the perfect explanation Andreas!
100% approved expert:)

@Andreas ! wow!
I wanted it so ! :)
One big patch can do = ( HP48db ->1BP(band pass ) -->2BP-->3BP-->4BP-->LP48dp)=one patch(one instrument) + all have
a separately switching-off(bypass) :D
48dB Q1=2.56, Q2=0.9, Q3=0.6, Q4=0.51----> Q each give a separate value into four knob meta-parametr? xm...:)

another question: I see mux-modules limiter,lever copressor but I can not see maximizer; Can be construct (built)

first of all order music (manage combine,compare dynamics) - it good comfortable EQ-allFiltr;gate;Compressor;limiter-maximizer;then verb and other :) So? :)

Return to “MUTOOLS”