MuLab & MUX VST 7.4.6

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The bad news can be that Reason Essentials that cost 69€ will have VST support too, and will be a competitor for Mulab...

I just had a look at the Reason-website. To me it looks a bit like a comic-book and therefore never can be a competitor to MuLab.
I work with MIDI only (except vocal audio-tracks). All sounds are generated in realtime by either VSTi's or MUX. I don't know any other DAW that is so inspiring in processing MIDI as MuLab. Anyway I asked for some composer related improvements, but haven't been heard yet. I believe, that focusing on MIDI (with chord recognition in PG-Midi-files e.g.) would make MuLab unique, as all other DAWs focus on audio. But I see (and accept) that other users think different. Anyway: The hope dies last ...

re :above+1(not the bit about Reason,its what suits your workflow)

I believe that MUX could be seen as unique and particularly useful in the Reason camp.
Many Reason users, myself excluded, use it exclusively. They are not in the market for
another DAW.

These same users however, might be keenly interested in MUX.

The only thing I would do, if it were me, would be to build a quick crossover module.
This would make it easy for them to build multi-band effect chains, without having
to think about it overly.

In my mind, the competition would have an advantage, at "face value", because
they tout the feature directly. Whereas, with MUX, they would have to extrapolate
that from a long list. A list, that they might not fully appreciate without a much
more detailed investigation.

*You have to look at it from their point of view, not your own.

My 2 cents...

MuLab & MUX VST M7.4.6 available in

http://www.mutools.com/mulab/app-patch
http://www.mutools.com/mux/app-patch

What's changed: Finetuned the default level scale for the frequency response display in the MultiMode and TF Lowpass filters.

Just a final tweak before release.

Thanks jo really appreciate Your Hard work :) :tu:

Sorry about the mini updates these days, final tweaks before M7.4 release.

mutools wrote:Sorry about the mini updates these days, final tweaks before M7.4 release.
Dont be sorry your Doing a great job :D
Last edited by runaudio on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Many thanks for the hard work!

Orion, Bitwig, Tracktion, Mixbus :party: :tu: :clap:
Win 10, intel i7, ram 20 steinberg UR22mkII :wink:

nenneb wrote:I believe, that focusing on MIDI (with chord recognition in PG-Midi-files e.g.) would make MuLab unique, as all other DAWs focus on audio.
It's absolutly not true. Reason, Cubase, Logic, Sonar, they all started as midi sequencers before including audio.
See the main new features of Reason (Reason 9) or Tracktion 8 (that is now called Waveform) : these are midi composition tools based on music theory. Even the cheap Caustic Android application has something like this. Mulab is lagging behind in this area.
But I admit that Mulab is one of themost pleasant application for sequencing, and if you don't need audio features.

I do most of my work as a live performer, using MIDI to trigger everything. DAWs, generally, could do a lot better. Look as something like KSP in Kontakt as an example of the potential. If MuLab/MuX gave that level of power and control, it would be extraordinary what could be done.

pljones wrote:If MuLab/MuX gave that level of power and control, it would be extraordinary what could be done
Can you give examples? Could we users script: chord recognition, keyswitching among synths/samplers and scales, strings of shortcut keys, round-robin among sample layers or markers, and so on?
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Michael L wrote:chord recognition, keyswitching among synths/samplers and scales, strings of shortcut keys, round-robin among sample layers or markers, and so on?
Yes (subject to the engine supporting the concept at any level). It is a "real programming language" (TM). You need to translate your ideas into the low level instructions that the engine can process. KSP lets you handle the user-interface, instrument set up, MIDI event processing and audio processing. For example, "chord recognition" and "keyswitching" are both about recognising incoming MIDI events, so that's possible; you then need to write the code to handle the events - so for key switching that would be enabling or disabling groups for playback, which I'm pretty sure is possible. Of course, with the flexibility of script, you're not limited in how to implement the process - no longer are you simply filling in a form on a screen. Of course, as with the extra flexibility of modular synthesis, this level of power wouldn't attract everyone because of the tedious nature of its production -- it's even harder to get it working...

(Oh yes, Reaper of course, does have scripting. Never used it so I don't know what it can do at all. I've never even looked at the js* stuff.)

Too nice.

This software gets better and better! Really impressive to me.

I have a question: How do I properly setup a multi band splitter, which does not loose any material? Is there a tutorial/example for this? Thanks.

Return to “MUTOOLS”