Multiple Mulabs instances running sometimes confuses me

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello! Would it be possible to help me with this?

I think that being able to run multiple Mulabs at once can be interesting although I am not sure I fully understand it yet.

For starters, I sometimes come back to my computer and open a project which is already opened up in Mulab (but I do not notice it). I am therefore working on the wrong project at that point.

Transport does work on both projects so it seems and it's really confusing.

A message telling me that this project is already open would help me here.

Secondly, I am not sure if I can get audio working on both at the same time (unless I could have 2 soundcards/channels for each Mulab instance?)

Thanks for your help!!

Multiple instances of MuLab is an unsupported case, sorry. If you want to work on multiple projects at the same time, run one instance and open the projects in that instance.

Actually I do not want to use multiple instances. It's just that when I open up my computer there is already Mulab open (but I don't notice it because it's minimized). I then click on Mulab to open it and there you have 2 Mulabs at once with the same project open and it's causing me confusion. I know it is possible to stop a program from being opened twice..thanks

Just quit the second instance when you notice it.

Yes but sometimes I have been working on the wrong project after a few minutes and all my tweaks are to be discarded!! The inspiration of the moment is gone..

If you are on Windows just pin Mulabs icon to the Task bar, the only way you can open more than one at once then is to right click it and purposely choose to, at least thats how it is for me.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Or you can add it to a menu, like SyMenu, launching from here you can select to limit an app to single instance.

Thanks a lot guys I will try your suggestions.

Return to “MUTOOLS”