Why does recording midi at end of an existing track always creates a new track below?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello! I have a midi track and just want to append it.

Sometimes it creates the new midi clip at the end of the track other times it creates it under..I am confused.

I have moved the beginning and end markers (it doesn't change anything anyways).

Thanks!

Not sure if i'm on the same, euh, track as what you mean but: It depends on whether a part is already selected when you start recording.

Yes the existing track is selected. I then record a new part at the end of that track and it automatically creates a sub-track. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't...

If no part is selected and hence you indicate that you want to record a new part, then it depends on whether the new recorded part overlaps with an existing part or not. If yes then a new subtrack is created.

So I see the problem here.

I am adding at the end of an existing track and starting exactly at where my previous clip ended. I bring start marker at that very end of the last clip.

I assumed that recording there would start where I left off but because of the countdown, the recording is always starting behind (thus overlapping).

If I remove the countdown, then everything is on the same track. The only problem is that doing this without a countdown is not a viable solution because I cannot get prepared between the mouse click and my midi keyboard!!

So I am stuck...I think this explains why I am struggling so much because I really don't like the clutter of having too many tracks.

If there would be a way for me to toggle an option of some kind to keep this from happening? Otherwise, it's really hard to manage from my perspective..

Thanks!
Last edited by yul on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maybe you have disabled recording quantize and you do record slighly before the actual start ie in countdown hence the parts overlap. Could it be that?

Well exactly I did not use quantize in this case and my notes were a bit early.

For overlapping notes, I would expect the dialog box about merge/cancel/override etc..to appear in order to give me a choice no?

Thanks!!

Hello, anyone would know why I am not getting the regular dialog box and instead creating a track below please? Thanks

Bump please

If you want the merge options, select a part. If no part is selected a new part will be created on the selected track; unless the new part would overlap a part, then a new sub-track is created.

Return to “MUTOOLS”