Mix this! :) Song entirely made in MuLab incl files

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I'm working on a video on how to use MuLab in an educational setting. When doing that I realized I needed to record a new song, so I came up with one (a rough draft at the moment, created in a day). :)

The song is created entirely using MuLab and you can listen to the Mp3 file here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak0kSXc6igzUjFpBhiIfEtawb-cM

I know many of you are very interested in mixing and surely much better at it than I am. If you want to, I thought it could be fun for you to have the song to mix (and remix) freely. Therefore I uploaded the song including vocal tracks. Hopefully you can just start playing with it (I uploaded the entire song folder and hope it works). The zip file is available here (ca 80 MB): https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak0kSXc6igzUjFv5-6XWJLL46uzr

I have a feeling that the vocals are too loud and I am not sure there is any limiter working on the song. I tried to use the preset compressor but am not sure it works. If you play around with the files, then please tell me if I'm doing something wrong here. Also let me know how it can be better mixed overall if you want to, because I need to learn this better.

Go MuLab! :)

Petter
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

It's like the 80's came back in style :O

Nice job! Vocals stand out a bit too much. A lot of the atmosphere of the track was lost to the vocals simply being too loud.

Otherwise, not bad at all.

Dakkra
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Hi, thanks! Born in 1972, I've never managed to get past the eighties. :)

I'll upload a new version tomorrow with the vocals lowered. l also think they might be too harsh so I will EQ them down a bit in the high register. ...and also even them out in some places.

l really use MuLab just like sequencers were used a long time ago and one reason I prefer MuLab over other DAW's is its superb piano roll and drum editors.

A question: in lack of a limiter effect, I used a compressor and set it to infinity. However I can't hear any difference when bypassing it. Is there a better way to achieve limiting on Main out in MuLab?
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote: A question: in lack of a limiter effect, I used a compressor and set it to infinity. However I can't hear any difference when bypassing it. Is there a better way to achieve limiting on Main out in MuLab?
Have a look in Mulib for Urvieh's Maximizer
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

bibz1st wrote:
SparkySpark wrote: A question: in lack of a limiter effect, I used a compressor and set it to infinity. However I can't hear any difference when bypassing it. Is there a better way to achieve limiting on Main out in MuLab?
Have a look in Mulib for Urvieh's Maximizer
Okay, thanks!

Petter
Go MuLab!

Return to “MUTOOLS”