Bug with "Insert Time Slice"

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,
i recently bought MuLab 7.4.11 (x64) and have been using it under Win10 (x64) for a few hours now.
Really nice Sequencer! It's so easy to learn/handle but there's a ton of features that can be implemented in the future.

But anyway, now to my bug report:

I've created a "Project" with a few Stock Insruments - so far so good.
But when i used the function "Insert Time Slice" to make some free space within my Song,
it works. But only once. A few steps further i tried to "Insert Time Slice" (at another point) again,
but nothing happened. Tried it again, didn't work either.

So i quit MuLab and restarted it. Used "Insert Time Slice" at the same point and it worked.
So it seems that using this function more than once *could* lead to a no responding function.

Maybe you could look into that issue.
Thanks for reading.

Regards,
Gordon.
-- The Future of Computation lies in Emulation --

Hi,

I just tried it here:
1) Start a new project
2) Insert a track if you don't have one in your new project template
3) Draw in a sequence part
4) Draw in another sequence part after the first one
5) Right-click the timeline (not the track) between the two parts and select insert time slice, increase the end by two bars
-> Second part gets moved along the timeline by two bars
6) Right-click the timeline in the gap between the two parts and select insert time slice, increase the end by two bars
-> Second part gets moved along the timeline by another two bars
7) Right-click in the middle of the second part and select insert time slice, increase the end by a bar
-> The part splits into two linked parts, the second playing from the appropriate start time within the sequence
8. Right-click in the middle of the second part again and select insert time slice, increase the end by a bar
-> The part splits into two linked parts, the second playing from the appropriate start time within the sequence

What outcome are you seeing that's different?

-- Peter

Oh but saying it works... I have managed to get it not to work. It wasn't the second time I did it, though. Hm.

This time, I took the previously split part from above, deleted the linked parts, stretched it to the original length. It looked the same as it had before at a quick look. Inserting a time slice initially appeared to do nothing. However, I think it's because a loop marker got added to the end of the split part. Taking that off got the part split again. However, still weird behaviour because a second split did not then move a later part down the time line...

If only the video recording codecs worked on my system I could show it.

Sometimes those kind of bugs can't be recreated step-by-step and i am aware of that,
but i couldn't give any more detailed information from my side.

At least you could reproduce the bug i tried to describe and that's all that counts ;)
Thanks for finding the bug and hopefully we'll see it being fixed in one of the next versions of MuLab.

Bye,
-- Gordon
-- The Future of Computation lies in Emulation --

I'll keep an eye on this.

And i also hope to find a solution for the codes, one day.

Return to “MUTOOLS”