How to stop follow playback? - SOLVED -

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The project was not saved with auto scroll on as it was a new project started with it disabled.

I'll check later, but from memory, I could find no option in composer. But I don't think I right clicked composer background.

Cheers
:hihi: :lol:

Ok, I have checked and the composer auto scroll tick was black which means disabled, yes?
I turned it on then off and no auto scrolling was evident after a quick check.

I switched projects to a four bar loop and zoomed in very close so a bar was larger than my 1920 screen.
Grid is set to 16th and every time the play cursor went past bar 3 the beginning of the bar was sent to the far left of the composer window. If I move bar 3 to the centre of the composer, it flicks back every time the play cursor goes past.

Isn't that autoscrolling? How do I get rid of this behaviour?

Still Auto Scrolling despite being switched off everywhere!
This is making it unusable for me, why can't I stop it scrolling?
Are you able to zoom close while playback commences and edit a different section than that which is playing without the cursor jumping to the current playback position?
Simply put, I can't, why not? :x
There should be a single global switch to turn this off throughout the app!

EDIT: Sorry! My misunderstanding. The issue is to do with the fact that when the tick is white it's off and black is on. But a dark skin makes this look wrong! Should be other way round! :dog:

Congrats that you found the reason! :tu: :tu:
I see what you mean about the colors, that's a graphical issue indeed. Attached is a zip file with 4 files. If you put these files in MuLab/App/Graphics/Common/Common/Icons (overwrite 2 existing png files, add 2 txt files) the issue will be resolved after you have restarted MuLab (or triggered the Reset Graphic Resources function). Of course i'll make sure these files will also be in the next package. Thanks for your feedback!

Edit: Seems something went wrong with the attached zip. Will post new zip asap...

Attached the zip with the 4 graphic files, cfr previous post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Now that is bloody weird!
According to this, I have enabled Auto-Scroll yet it is NOT scrolling. When the 'Tick' indicator is black Mulab scrolls, when it is white Mulab doesn't scroll!!!
I hope you believe me, I am serious about this, I swear!

How can I record a video to show you?

Ah! Is it because default is set to off?
Causing reverse behaviour of these other functions?

Did you install the new icons in the right place? Did you restart MuLab?
I double-checked things here and it looks fine, also with light text on dark background for menus.

The very factory default is that AS is on. But you can overwrite that default (which is applied when creating new parts) with the preference, the right-click menu item always shows/edits the actual state, as explained before. It's all working fine, except you spotted a graphical issue when using light text on dark background for menus. Thx for that. Fixed.

Sorry I didn't notice the post before the icons!!!
I did manage to make a video to show what I mean.
Here's what I did in the video:
1. Opened Mulab with urvieh's track called Feelings.
2. set start to just after measure one so you can see the play line.
3. start recording with AS set off and right clicked so you can see black tick.
4. then switch AS on, and click backward to reset playback to start.
5. notice the AS is now on with a white tick.

Are the current tick colours inverse to those you have just supplied?

Thank you for your help :tu:
Last edited by freddo on Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Where is the video?

With the corrected icons:
When AS is on, you see a tick in the same color as the text.
When AS is off, there is no tick.

My apologies I posted without video, then tried editing to add video, but I'm not familiar with uploading, there is a size limit of 256KB but video is 19.8MB! using winrar it's 1.45MB.
Could I mail it to you?

Return to “MUTOOLS”