Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

MuLab Latency Correction

mbecker135
KVRer

6 posts since 31 Aug, 2017

Postby mbecker135; Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:00 am MuLab Latency Correction

How do I adjust the latency for recorded audio? I followed instructions to open the AudioSetup.txt file but it does not appear to have the "PreferredAudioRecordingLatencyCompensation" line that the M7 Docs referred to. I'm quite new to this program so any help would be greatly appreciated. Attached is a screen grab of the contents of the AudioSetup.txt file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mutools
KVRAF

9120 posts since 24 Jun, 2008, from Europe

Postby mutools; Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:31 am Re: MuLab Latency Correction

Normally the audio input/output latencies should be reported correctly by the ASIO driver and MuLab takes that into account automatically. Are you sure the ASIO driver has an issue with reporting the correct latencies?
mbecker135
KVRer

Postby mbecker135; Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:26 pm Re: MuLab Latency Correction

mutools wrote:Normally the audio input/output latencies should be reported correctly by the ASIO driver and MuLab takes that into account automatically. Are you sure the ASIO driver has an issue with reporting the correct latencies?

No I'm not sure. The only way I checked the latency was by recording the inbuilt metronome with a microphone and looking at the offset. How do I determine if the driver is having an issue reporting it correctly?
mutools
KVRAF

Postby mutools; Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:13 am Re: MuLab Latency Correction

Your method sounds right.
mbecker135
KVRer

Postby mbecker135; Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:34 pm Re: MuLab Latency Correction

mutools wrote:Your method sounds right.

By that method I have found that there is about 1300 "marker positions" worth of latency. I don't know how else to measure it. Do you know how to correct that?
mutools
KVRAF

Postby mutools; Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:30 am Re: MuLab Latency Correction

What do you mean with marker positions? Please express it in the standard unit for such topic: milliseconds.
mbecker135
KVRer

Postby mbecker135; Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:32 pm Re: MuLab Latency Correction

The latency is by about 30 milliseconds
mbecker135
KVRer

Postby mbecker135; Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:36 pm Re: MuLab Latency Correction

mutools wrote:What do you mean with marker positions? Please express it in the standard unit for such topic: milliseconds.

The latency is by 30 ms
mutools
KVRAF

Postby mutools; Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:34 am Re: MuLab Latency Correction

You can experiment with the PreferredAudioRecordingLatencyCompensation setting as explained on https://www.mutools.com/info/docs/commo ... ences.html
Note that you need to restart MuLab for the setting to take effect.

NB: In the next forthcoming version (M7.6.1) the "PreferredAudioRecordingLatencyCompensation" audio setup setting has been moved to the standard preferences panel and can then be changed without having to restart MuLab.
mbecker135
KVRer

Postby mbecker135; Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:26 pm Re: MuLab Latency Correction

mutools wrote:You can experiment with the PreferredAudioRecordingLatencyCompensation setting as explained on https://www.mutools.com/info/docs/commo ... ences.html
Note that you need to restart MuLab for the setting to take effect.

NB: In the next forthcoming version (M7.6.1) the "PreferredAudioRecordingLatencyCompensation" audio setup setting has been moved to the standard preferences panel and can then be changed without having to restart MuLab.

That's what I was trying initially. However, in those instructions you linked to states that the PreferredAudioRecordingLatencyCompensation is located in the AudioSetup.txt file in the User>Settings folder. When I go to the file, PreferredAudioRecordingLatencyCompensation is not there. My original post has the screen grab of what the file looks like. Should I add a line or is there something else I should do to correct that?
mutools
KVRAF

Postby mutools; Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:11 pm Re: MuLab Latency Correction

Yes add such line if it's not yet there. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

But even better than that is to update to the latest MuLab 7.6.2. If you're already using MuLab 7.4 or up it's simply a matter of updating the MuLab.EXE and .ID files to the newest ones you can find here: http://www.mutools.com/galaxa/mulab/

In this new version that PreferredAudioRecordingLatencyCompensation preference has been moved to the standard preferences which can be easily edited via MULAB menu -> Edit Preferences.
hernanpangia
KVRer

2 posts since 14 Feb, 2017

Postby hernanpangia; Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:18 am Re: MuLab Latency Correction

Hello!

I have a problem with the same thing. I recorded the internal metronome a the recording is out of sync.

The difference is about 1/256th, something like 10ms in 100BPM. The audio interfase is a Tascam 2x2 with the buffer is 128. I attach a screen capture. MuLab version 7.6.8.

I had tried to set the PreferredAudioRecordingLatencyCompensation to Input, with the same result.

This system with Reaper has 3ms of recording delay for reference.

Thank you

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mutools
KVRAF

Postby mutools; Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:50 am Re: MuLab Latency Correction

My apologies, i didn't realize it was on MuLab's end until Hernan's report. Ok, it turns out that there indeed is a bug in the automatic recording latency compensation when using "Direct Audio Input". This has been fixed in MuLab 7.6.9 which is available here:

http://www.mutools.com/mulab/new

How to install:

Windows: Put the new .exe and .id files into the M7.6 installation folder.
MacOS: Put the new .app file(s) into the M7.6 installation folder.
hernanpangia
KVRer

2 posts since 14 Feb, 2017

Postby hernanpangia; Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:49 am Re: MuLab Latency Correction

Great!

Thank you for your reply. But the files have something different than other patches because avast detects as dangerous and blocks it. If I scan the file, Avast reports no risk but it doesn´t let me to execute it.
Never happened before with others updates. I went back to the previous version in order to work.

Can you check than out, please?

By the way, my OS is Windows 10, USB Audio Interface Tascam US-2x2 with its ASIO driver.
mutools
KVRAF

Postby mutools; Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:56 am Re: MuLab Latency Correction

Nothing different with these files, they can be trusted, as always.
Next

Moderators: muzycian, mutools

Return to MUTOOLS