Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
janhardo
KVRist

168 posts since 26 Sep, 2014

Postby janhardo; Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:45 am MUX vsti as rebuilt as amulti timbral soundmodule

It is now that a load on each instrument channel a MUX vsti ,because it is monophonic (right? only one midi channel )

Is it possible to use the mux modular editor to construct a Multi timbral ( 16 midi channels or more ) soundmodule ?
mutools
KVRAF

9121 posts since 24 Jun, 2008, from Europe

Postby mutools; Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:23 am Re: MUX vsti as rebuilt as amulti timbral soundmodule

Monophonic and monotimbral are two different things. Please search the web for basic info on that topic.

Yes MUX can be multi-timbral: Using a MIDI Channel Splitter module.
janhardo
KVRist

Postby janhardo; Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:54 am Re: MUX vsti as rebuilt as amulti timbral soundmodule

Thanks!
I wil look how to get the MUX Multi-timbral.
This is stil not leading to a Multi timbral synth as Vsti
I loaded this in the first instrument channel 1 as MUX 1 and the other 15 channels as basic effect( i must load this MUX ) on each instrument channel than ?
I think i must install one instance the MUX vsti timbral on midichannel 1 and assign other 15 midichannels
So i can remove now all other 15 MUX instances (what i installed already ) from the instrumentchannels in composer?

Or is this a hopeless affair :D

midichannelssetup.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
janhardo
KVRist

Postby janhardo; Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:23 pm Re: MUX vsti as rebuilt as amulti timbral soundmodule

Got another idea to work this out in MULab ..a multitimbral synt as VSt Mux..this is working in Mulab for 2 midichannels ( in fact is the same as the first picture) only the setup in the composer as vsti multitimbral is different ( it is working and get the racksliders attached to all the mixersliders in the composer for volume)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SparkySpark
KVRian

762 posts since 30 Aug, 2004, from Skövde, Sweden

Postby SparkySpark; Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:20 am Re: MUX vsti as rebuilt as amulti timbral soundmodule

Hi,

I like your efforts :) but I don't understand why you'd like to do a multitimbral synth in MUX, at least not for use in MuLab. The whole point of using a DAW at all is to have control over every single synth, vocal take etc, and if you put things in a multitimbral synth, you lose this power.

Or is it a live performance thing?

That said, your screen shots look cool! :)
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!
janhardo
KVRist

Postby janhardo; Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:07 am Re: MUX vsti as rebuilt as amulti timbral soundmodule

Yes, MUX Multi timbral synth is for using in a composerprogram .. but the handling is not that easy as a for example HAlion 5 Vsti.
Perhaps using a MUX synth on each midi ch is better ?
pljones
KVRAF

5984 posts since 8 Feb, 2003, from London, UK

Postby pljones; Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:49 am Re: MUX vsti as rebuilt as amulti timbral soundmodule

You are not really limited by MIDI channel numbers in a DAW. You can have as many instruments as you like, unless the DAW has some artificial limit.
janhardo
KVRist

Postby janhardo; Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:51 am Re: MUX vsti as rebuilt as amulti timbral soundmodule

Memory/CPU issues ..for example 1 halion Vsti instance in Cubase for 64 channels on 4 ports, while default MUX needed 64 instances on every channel..correct?
pljones
KVRAF

Postby pljones; Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:11 am Re: MUX vsti as rebuilt as amulti timbral soundmodule

A VST is a load library - code that gets loaded so it can be run. You only need to load it once. Of course, each voice you run - whether in one instances or in separate instances - uses CPU and memory.

(Minor note: if running in 32-64 bit wrappers, this prevents the code sharing.)
janhardo
KVRist

Postby janhardo; Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:40 am Re: MUX vsti as rebuilt as amulti timbral soundmodule

Thanks, as you noticed i am not a audio expert, so it is trial and error also
pljones
KVRAF

Postby pljones; Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:58 am Re: MUX vsti as rebuilt as amulti timbral soundmodule

It's the best way :).

Moderators: muzycian, mutools

Return to MUTOOLS