Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

M7.6.12

chuckwood
KVRist

71 posts since 14 Dec, 2014

Postby chuckwood; Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:04 pm Re: M7.6.4 (+ New Resonator)

Cool resonator, I will have a play around. I noticed it's very easy to make it feedback dangerously without even particularly extreme settings (at least according to the knob percentage). i personally like the freedom to abuse audio tools beyond the safe parameters but I just thought I would point it out
The more gizmos the better! The resonator plus the new filter and additive editor, some very nice updates recently.

Can I be cheeky and ask about M7 timeline and/or possible timestretch? :hihi:
mutools
KVRAF

9212 posts since 24 Jun, 2008, from Europe

Postby mutools; Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:26 pm Re: M7.6.4 (+ New Resonator)

Thx for the nice resonations! To answer your question: I'm working hard on adding time stretching. That will be M8. It's a big job and that's why it takes time but it's progressing well and can be expected this year (if nothing unexpected pops up). These M7.x updates are because it's good for everyone that, while M8 is being developed, M7 keeps rollin' 8)
mutools
KVRAF

Postby mutools; Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:33 pm Re: M7.6.4 (+ New Resonator)

About the Resonator: Indeed attention with feeding it static waveforms eg from an oscillator, that might result in overload as the waveforms build up and up, resulting in extreme high volumes. Often it's better to feed the Resonator with more noisy audio eg drum sounds.
chuckwood
KVRist

71 posts since 14 Dec, 2014

Postby chuckwood; Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:21 pm Re: M7.6.4 (+ New Resonator)

Oh yeah, I meant M8, I forgot where we were for a minute! :dog:

Absolutely, that's an instant upgrade for me when it drops. Good luck with the work and thanks for chucking new features at us with the current version.
magicmusic
KVRian

801 posts since 11 Nov, 2013

Postby magicmusic; Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:42 pm Re: M7.6.4 (+ New Resonator)

that new notemapper support all octaves is very good, because it can now use to layer drum sounds

I like drumcore sounds. the version is only as VST3 here. when do you plan VST 3 support add ?maybe you can this slowly add in little time over some years in that way, that most need features that a plugin such as drumcore need is add earlier. i need no sidechain. its enough when drumcore can receive midi inputs and audioout sound as a VST3 plugin. i think sooner or later plugin developer develop only a VST3 version.
win 10 64 intel i5 760 (4*2.8 GHZ)
mutools
KVRAF

Postby mutools; Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:51 am Re: M7.6.4 (+ New Resonator)

Can't give a statement on vst3 at this point.
pljones
KVRAF

6024 posts since 8 Feb, 2003, from London, UK

Postby pljones; Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:10 am Re: M7.6.4 (+ New Resonator)

This is probably just a graphic "glitch" down to modules saving CPU by cutting off when they've nothing to do. I've knocked up a rather pointless synth ("MildlyBrassy.Mux" under MUX Instruments/pljones in MuLib) based around the two new modules and passed the output through a Limiter. When I press and hold a note until it fully decays, everything displays ok. If I release the note, the Limiter display halts before the audio display hits zero.
That's been sitting there "not decaying" whilst I've been posting :).

It corrects itself if I turn it off and on again - or, indeed, click the display to reset or press a note until the audio decays. Hm, maybe it's intentional?
AndreasD
KVRian

810 posts since 2 Mar, 2009

Postby AndreasD; Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:32 am Re: M7.6.4 (+ New Resonator)

Here is a quick and dirty but very lovely guitar patch based on the new resonator.

Very promising module!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Taifunk
KVRian

877 posts since 28 Feb, 2015, from Interstella 5555

Postby Taifunk; Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:49 pm Re: M7.6.4 (+ New Resonator)

Thanks for the lovely patch Andreas!

Thanks for the amazing constant updates Jo!

https://soundcloud.com/taifunk/mux-resonator
Just a little experiment :band:
Playing a drum track (only drums)through the resonator,the riff is generated by the resonator.
simple setup >2 channel mixers to process the signal in parallel:
muverb>resonator(keytrack connected to note input,playing some notes)>chebyshew II filter>compressor>amp distortion>out>the result is mixed with the clean drum loop.
(a bit old school) :phones:
Hanz Meyzer
KVRian

605 posts since 20 Oct, 2014

Postby Hanz Meyzer; Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:01 am Re: M7.6.4 (+ New Resonator)

Wow great news, thx!
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

10106 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:53 pm Re: M7.6.4 (+ New Resonator)

Not sure if it is supposed to be that way, but the Mute and Solo buttons in the tracks on the left don't seem to work for live playing. I can click Mute and yet I can play and hear the instrument on it when playing. Or does it only apply to recorded notes? What is the point?
pljones
KVRAF

Postby pljones; Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:58 pm Re: M7.6.4 (+ New Resonator)

Yes, tracks contain recordings (or created parts) - either audio or event parts. If you're playing live, you're not playing on a track. Unlike some sequencers with less flexibility in their routing, tracks are just containers for parts (but with some shortcuts added). You probably want to focus your attention on the mixer - i.e. racks.

(The point, then, if the M/S on the track is to control that track's contribution to the composition as a whole - i.e. once the parts on the track are in place.)
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

10106 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:10 pm Re: M7.6.4 (+ New Resonator)

Still, the tracks on the left are associated with the racks in the mixer. So one might expect the M and S buttons to do the same thing. It's strange that I can mute the track, yet the synth on that track still sounds when playing live.
I guess I just don't like the logic behind most DAW's.
pljones
KVRAF

Postby pljones; Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:23 pm Re: M7.6.4 (+ New Resonator)

Many tracks can feed one rack. Different parts on one track can feed different racks -- indeed, different events in a sequence can target different racks. So no, there's no real association between tracks and racks. Like I said, there are some shortcuts in place. Because it's common to want a new rack for a new track, that's one of them.
magicmusic
KVRian

801 posts since 11 Nov, 2013

Postby magicmusic; Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:21 am Re: M7.6.4 (+ New Resonator)

mutools wrote:Can't give a statement on vst3 at this point.

ok, maybe it help to see how much work it is when you look at metaplugin. this is a VST2 plugin and can use VST3 plugins. i have add the metaplugin Demo to MUX and load in metaplugin drumcore VST3 and it work. drumcore have his own sequencer, so it need timing info. this work too. so there is no need to make MUX itself VST3 before can support VST3. seem mostly enough when the VST3 support is same as VST2. i test other VST3 plugins in mux and metaplugin. they work too. in test i find no plugin that work not
win 10 64 intel i5 760 (4*2.8 GHZ)
PreviousNext

Moderators: mutools, muzycian

Return to MUTOOLS