Weird issue when looping using midi KB!

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not sure how to explain this but I'll try..
Lets say I have a drumloop triggered by my midi keyboard, I record 2 bars manually by using my midi keyboard, I record C3 for 1 bar then C3 second bar. Then I quantize it. Then I go into midi editor and make both midi notes legato manually by dragging end of the notes. After doing that, the first note will not play when the two bar loops. Only after I use the legato in the menu will the issue resolve itself.

I tested recording the same thing again by manually recording the notes again with the virtual keyboard then this issue didn't appear.
So the problem might be with my midi keyboard maybe?
I tried recreating this issue by doing the same in Cubase, but no issues there. So strange.

Did you have a look in the Event List Editor to see which events are there?

I had a look. Just two notes at the correct time, and with the correct length. Yet first note still gets muted when it loops. But if I hit legato in the functions menu, the problem dissappears.

Is this something that can be fixed in a future update maybe?

I had a go at recreating this with my midi controller (a small Akai MPK mini) but I didn't encounter anything like what you are describing with the Legato Notes function fixing things. With my first try at recording the sequence I hit the first note too early which caused it to not sound when the sequence is played back (i.e. the "note on" happens before the start of the part), could this be your problem? Legato Notes doesn't move the start of notes as far as I know though, so your problem does sound different to me.
Quantize snaps note starts to grid lines, so you may get better results by changing the grid spacing. Also, what is this controlling? I only tested using MuDrum with the Rock Kit preset, which is unaffected by note length, however some drum instruments behave differently depending on the note length.

Edit: I forgot to mention, did you create a 2 bar long part and then start recording, or did you just start recording into an empty track?

Even if I hit the note too early, it would be fixed when I hit quantize. But it still happens. I noticed another weird thing.
I recreated this issue again, then saved the project and reloaded. This seems to resolve the issue. If it was a missplaced note, it wouldn't be fixed by saving and reloading. This makes me think that it is a bug.

(Yes I started recording on an empty track.)

Pls post a screen video of the issue.

Return to “MUTOOLS”