Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New
d.vyd
KVRist

160 posts since 2 May, 2016

Postby d.vyd; Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:16 am Routing MIDI from keyboard controller, to Reaktor, to a MUX or VST?

Hi folks,

I'm having difficulty routing MIDI in MuLab. I have a Reaktor patch that takes MIDI notes and turns them into up to four different CC messages, say #20, #22, #24, and #28. The Reaktor patch can send these CC's alone or with the original MIDI notes. It can receive notes on a channel and send them on a different channel. I want the sent notes to appear like they are coming from external equipment and have flexibility in assigning MIDI channels. I have LoopBe1 MIDI router installed. In summary, how can I achieve the following MIDI signal routing?

MIDI KEYBOARD ---(a)---> REAKTOR VST ---(b)---> MUX or VST

(a) contains only the MIDI data produced by the keyboard
(b) contains only the MIDI data produced by Reaktor

I've added an example of one routing I've tried. In this case, Reaktor is setup to repeat the notes it receives and also send MIDI CC #20. For some reason, it does not seem like all the notes are getting from Reaktor to the MuLab synth, but MIDI CC #20 is being received fine.

-d.vyd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pljones
KVRAF

6005 posts since 8 Feb, 2003, from London, UK

Postby pljones; Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:21 am Re: Routing MIDI from keyboard controller, to Reaktor, to a MUX or VST?

If you're not seeing Reaktor output the events your want Reaktor to output, then you'll need to fix your Reaktor patch.

If you want to bypass Reaktor, then you'll need to wrap Reaktor in a MUX, so you can modify the routing around it. The MUX will have an event input and output and you can add Reaktor between them yet also route all incoming events past Reaktor directly to the output. Unfortunately, there's no simple "do anything" event filter module in MUX yet, so if you need to filter the events in some way other than just key/vel ranges, it gets tricky.
d.vyd
KVRist

Postby d.vyd; Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:54 pm Re: Routing MIDI from keyboard controller, to Reaktor, to a MUX or VST?

Thanks pljones. Do you use Reaktor with MuLab at all?
pljones
KVRAF

6005 posts since 8 Feb, 2003, from London, UK

Postby pljones; Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:32 pm Re: Routing MIDI from keyboard controller, to Reaktor, to a MUX or VST?

No, I've not found the need for it.
d.vyd
KVRist

Postby d.vyd; Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:27 pm Re: Routing MIDI from keyboard controller, to Reaktor, to a MUX or VST?

MuLab's MIDI Channel Splitter solved my issue. Everything is being mapped to the appropriate rack.

Moderators: mutools, muzycian

Return to MUTOOLS