Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New

Mulab 8

Trancit
KVRian
 
1299 posts since 26 Jul, 2004

Postby Trancit; Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:03 pm Re: Mulab 8

No... I just use the exe...

Only, what I do is putting both (shell2vst.exe and the Wavesshell.dll) in a seperate folder outside the normal VstPlugins folder...
Means, I let the Waves installation put the wavesshell.dlls into my vstplugin folder... (i.e. D:\Program Files\VstPlugins)
Then I move the wavesshell.dlls into a seperate folder (i.e. D:\Program Files\Waves) put the shell2vst.exe into the same folder and drag n drop the Wavesshell.dlls onto the shell2vst.exe...
It creates a new folder named "Waves" (in D:\Program Files\Waves) and put all the seperate Waves plugin dlls into this folder...
After this creation and my manual sorting I move the created "Waves" (only the folder created by the shell2vst.exe... not the one I put the shell2vst.exe and the wavesshell.dlls ... these have to stay in place) folder into my VstPlugin folder and let my DAW scan them...

That´s how I do this... and it works since many years
User avatar
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
 
9930 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:36 pm Re: Mulab 8

And DAW project files remember the paths and patch locations?
heks
KVRist
 
239 posts since 28 Oct, 2002

Postby heks; Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:47 pm Re: Mulab 8

Trancit wrote:No... I just use the exe...

Only, what I do is putting both (shell2vst.exe and the Wavesshell.dll) in a seperate folder outside the normal VstPlugins folder...
Means, I let the Waves installation put the wavesshell.dlls into my vstplugin folder... (i.e. D:\Program Files\VstPlugins)
Then I move the wavesshell.dlls into a seperate folder (i.e. D:\Program Files\Waves) put the shell2vst.exe into the same folder and drag n drop the Wavesshell.dlls onto the shell2vst.exe...
It creates a new folder named "Waves" (in D:\Program Files\Waves) and put all the seperate Waves plugin dlls into this folder...
After this creation and my manual sorting I move the created "Waves" (only the folder created by the shell2vst.exe... not the one I put the shell2vst.exe and the wavesshell.dlls ... these have to stay in place) folder into my VstPlugin folder and let my DAW scan them...

That´s how I do this... and it works since many years

Thanks sooo much Trancit, it worked. Having had a play around with folders I think the folder with shell2wave and waveshells needs to be outside the c drive to work.
Trancit
KVRian
 
1299 posts since 26 Jul, 2004

Postby Trancit; Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:18 am Re: Mulab 8

heks wrote:Thanks sooo much Trancit, it worked. Having had a play around with folders I think the folder with shell2wave and waveshells needs to be outside the c drive to work.


Glad it works for you...
I mostly use other drives than C:\ on windows since their silly restriction system and it works flawless
antoniaz
KVRist
 
54 posts since 31 Oct, 2006

Postby antoniaz; Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:22 am Re: Mulab 8

I'm not so interested in time stretching but good to have it.
Instead, I would like to mention something that I would like to really see in MuLab 8:

- changes of time signature along a song; in alternative, a way to compose a song by putting "sub-songs" (each one with a potentially different time signature) in a sequential flow

- cleer visual feedback during recording

- simultaneous MIDI editing of at least two tracks in same pianoroll; as alternative, a way to look at two (or more) pianorolls in parallel, with time alignment (I know you can get moveable independent panels but they are difficult to keep aligned)

- graphical display and editing of tempo changes

Finally, just an idea (clearly not for MuLab 8 but for 9...): embedding a scripting language
(in case I would strongly suggest Lua)
User avatar
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
 
9930 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:19 am Re: Mulab 8

A suggestion:
Currently, when recording something, the clip's length ends way before the moment I click stop, i.e. the release often goes beyond the clip's end. I think it shouldn't be like that.
User avatar
pljones
KVRAF
 
6005 posts since 8 Feb, 2003, from London, UK

Postby pljones; Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:12 pm Re: Mulab 8

fluffy_little_something wrote:A suggestion:
Currently, when recording something, the clip's length ends way before the moment I click stop, i.e. the release often goes beyond the clip's end. I think it shouldn't be like that.

Are you using snap to grid?
pquenin
KVRian
 
594 posts since 26 Jul, 2001, from france

Postby pquenin; Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:09 am Re: Mulab 8

Hello,
I love the piano-roll editor in Mulab, except for one thing : you can't draw velocity ramp by just cliking and dragging, you have to edit each velocity one by one.
And I would like to be able to choose only one "line/note" (e.g the closed hihat) and draw my ramp for these notes only.
Is there a way to achieve this, or will there be some improvments in this area in Mulab 8 ?
mutools
KVRAF
 
9165 posts since 24 Jun, 2008, from Europe

Postby mutools; Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:28 am Re: Mulab 8

User avatar
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
 
9930 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:55 am Re: Mulab 8

pljones wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:A suggestion:
Currently, when recording something, the clip's length ends way before the moment I click stop, i.e. the release often goes beyond the clip's end. I think it shouldn't be like that.

Are you using snap to grid?


Seems to be irrelevant...
User avatar
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
 
9930 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:57 am Re: Mulab 8



Some things in Mulab seem little conventional. Like double-clicking and right-clicking for deleting notes. The right click usually serves to open a context menu, which might be the note editor in this case.
User avatar
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
 
9930 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:00 am Re: Mulab 8

pquenin wrote:Hello,
I love the piano-roll editor in Mulab, except for one thing : you can't draw velocity ramp by just cliking and dragging, you have to edit each velocity one by one.
And I would like to be able to choose only one "line/note" (e.g the closed hihat) and draw my ramp for these notes only.
Is there a way to achieve this, or will there be some improvments in this area in Mulab 8 ?


You can do so by right-clicking a note on the piano (i.e. the snare for instance if you play the drums) and selecting "select all these notes".
rrichard63
KVRist
 
187 posts since 14 Oct, 2013, from San Francisco Bay Aea

Postby rrichard63; Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:04 am Re: Mulab 8

heks wrote:
Trancit wrote: ... Having had a play around with folders I think the folder with shell2wave and waveshells needs to be outside the c drive to work.

I did this yesterday on my C: drive (Windows 7 Professional) and it worked fine.
heks
KVRist
 
239 posts since 28 Oct, 2002

Postby heks; Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:23 am Re: Mulab 8

rrichard63 wrote:
heks wrote:
Trancit wrote: ... Having had a play around with folders I think the folder with shell2wave and waveshells needs to be outside the c drive to work.

I did this yesterday on my C: drive (Windows 7 Professional) and it worked fine.

That's good, but I'm using win 10 creators version. I have I have four desk tops and two laptops they seem to have their own characters and windows on them has slightly different finicky issues. So mine for some reason worked on L drive and not C who knows why? I'm just happy it has worked.
pquenin
KVRian
 
594 posts since 26 Jul, 2001, from france

Postby pquenin; Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:45 pm Re: Mulab 8

fluffy_little_something wrote:You can do so by right-clicking a note on the piano (i.e. the snare for instance if you play the drums) and selecting "select all these notes".



Oh yeah, it works ! thanks !
PreviousNext

Moderators: mutools, muzycian

Return to MUTOOLS