Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New

Glitch

heks
KVRist

239 posts since 28 Oct, 2002

Postby heks; Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:16 am Glitch

I have two projects that have strange glitch or buzz come electric fizzy noises when initially played. There are a number of tracks in each project, the first track will play without any interference, but each consecutive track will start with the strange interference glitch noise. Its just as the first note is played and then its ok. Once all the tracks have played the whole project runs without the glitches. I tried to stream to wav and capture the noises but the wav was perfect. I only use vst's so posting the projects is problematic. Its only on two projects, they have different vst's and amounts of tracks and I have projects that can almost crush my processor that don't have this "glitch" phenomenon. Any Ideas? Thank's
mutools
KVRAF

9165 posts since 24 Jun, 2008, from Europe

Postby mutools; Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:38 am Re: Glitch

At first it sounds like a CPU overload issue to me. Don't you see a high cpu usage in the cpu meter? Also note that when you click the cpu meter it toggles to different states that can help diagnose cpu overload issues, see http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/transport.html
heks
KVRist

Postby heks; Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:02 am Re: Glitch

mutools wrote:At first it sounds like a CPU overload issue to me. Don't you see a high cpu usage in the cpu meter? Also note that when you click the cpu meter it toggles to different states that can help diagnose cpu overload issues, see http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/transport.html

I thought it was CPU overload initially myself. But why would it work Ok once the project had play'd all the way through once? One thing I forgot to mention is both these projects have had bad crashes, one is derived from the backup version the other one loaded OK after a long time of loading. MuLab is a bit sensitive with vst's at times. I'm used to being able to change presets and settings on the go in other DAW's, but MuLab has crashed at times when I've forgot to turn transport off, and is a bit finicky with some vst's especially with Kontakt, Metapluggin3 hosting waves plugins and occasionally Ozone7. But no DAW is perfect and I really like using MuLab over my big beast DAW's.
mutools
KVRAF

Postby mutools; Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:50 am Re: Glitch

heks wrote:I thought it was CPU overload initially myself. But why would it work Ok once the project had play'd all the way through once?

Difficult to say for me without the project. Maybe hanging silent notes somewhere...? Really dificult to say. From what i read in your descriptioln it's clearly project specific. Try to narrow down the problem step by step.
heks
KVRist

Postby heks; Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:02 am Re: Glitch

mutools wrote: From what i read in your descriptioln it's clearly project specific. Try to narrow down the problem step by step.

Totally agree its project specific. With it working fine on the second play and streaming to wave without problems I don't really have a "problem". I was "throwing it out there" hoping someone had come across this and could enlighten me :wink:
Michael L
KVRAF

1746 posts since 25 Jan, 2014, from the End of the World as we Knowit

Postby Michael L; Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:16 am Re: Glitch

Its a PITA, but try turning off VSTs one by one to find the buggy one. (Fyi, I tried Metaplugin, but found Patchwork more consistent)
"As the artist goes deeper into his own thing, he learns what works and then needs fewer tools."
heks
KVRist

Postby heks; Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:09 am Re: Glitch

Michael L wrote:Its a PITA, but try turning off VSTs one by one to find the buggy one. (Fyi, I tried Metaplugin, but found Patchwork more consistent)

I have tried that Michael, but with the "glitch" only happening on the firts run I had to close MuLab, leave it awhile then open it again. I gave that up. If MuLab was an organic living thing I'd say it was surprised very time a new instrument started on those two projects :o :hihi:
mutools
KVRAF

Postby mutools; Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:23 am Re: Glitch

Replace each VST synth by a MUX synth. Each VST effect by a MUX effect. One by one. Each time, thus after each single VST replacement, save the project to a new temporary name and then do the glitch test again. If the glitch is still there, replace the next VST, else focus on the last replaced VST. If you would end up with a project without VSTs and the glitch is still there and you really cannot find the reason, please consolidate + zip the project and post it here.

Moderators: mutools, muzycian

Return to MUTOOLS