Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New

MUX questions

SparkySpark
KVRian

821 posts since 30 Aug, 2004, from Skövde, Sweden

Postby SparkySpark; Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:44 pm Re: MUX questions

Many thanks both of you. Well, I don't need a VST version since I use MuLab anyway :) but I recall SoundEdit and SynthMaker had many users so VST export could be a huge selling point for MuTools, I believe.

My MUX is almost finished now, so powerful and looks good to. I will upload it soon and perhaps make a video on it.
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!
mutools
KVRAF

9165 posts since 24 Jun, 2008, from Europe

Postby mutools; Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:04 am Re: MUX questions

SparkySpark wrote:Many thanks both of you. Well, I don't need a VST version since I use MuLab anyway :) but I recall SoundEdit and SynthMaker had many users so VST export could be a huge selling point for MuTools, I believe

As said, that feature IS there. You can use any MUX patch in any VST compatible host.
SparkySpark
KVRian

Postby SparkySpark; Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:30 am Re: MUX questions

mutools wrote:
SparkySpark wrote:Many thanks both of you. Well, I don't need a VST version since I use MuLab anyway :) but I recall SoundEdit and SynthMaker had many users so VST export could be a huge selling point for MuTools, I believe

As said, that feature IS there. You can use any MUX patch in any VST compatible host.

Thanks! But that still means that the user needs to purchase a product from MuTools to use it I guess.

How about a radical (maybe) idea: do like Melda! Give away a MUX wrapper that loads MUX files into any DAW, and let users load MUXes in the wrapper.

Then comes the restriction :) : to be able to change underlying parameters or drag cables, one must own a MUX or MuLab license.

This way, MuTools could become the new SoundEdit, and the boom in user-created MUXes could in turn help improve MuLab. :party:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!
pljones
KVRAF

6005 posts since 8 Feb, 2003, from London, UK

Postby pljones; Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:48 am Re: MUX questions

Yes, MUX isn't free. Same with Native Instruments Kontakt. Either the user purchases Kontakt or they can only load patches in demo mode. (Except there's a developer version for making Kontakt Libraries that load in Kontakt Player, where the developer pays NI and the purchaser still pays for the product.)
SparkySpark
KVRian

Postby SparkySpark; Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:48 pm Re: MUX questions

pljones wrote:Yes, MUX isn't free. Same with Native Instruments Kontakt. Either the user purchases Kontakt or they can only load patches in demo mode. (Except there's a developer version for making Kontakt Libraries that load in Kontakt Player, where the developer pays NI and the purchaser still pays for the product.)

Yes, thanks! What do you think of the idea above? I hope that could make more people aware of this awesome product. :clap:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!
bibz1st
KVRian

1453 posts since 29 Mar, 2013

Postby bibz1st; Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:20 am Re: MUX questions

SparkySpark wrote:
How about a radical (maybe) idea: do like Melda! Give away a MUX wrapper that loads MUX files into any DAW, and let users load MUXes in the wrapper.

Then comes the restriction :) : to be able to change underlying parameters or drag cables, one must own a MUX or MuLab license.

Mux is like a wrapper itself, seeing as it can host other VSTs so it wouldnt need another layer of wrappiness :ud: but maybe the idea of a 'player' version is something to think about.
what do you think Jo ?
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through
mutools
KVRAF

9165 posts since 24 Jun, 2008, from Europe

Postby mutools; Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:56 am Re: MUX questions

Not wild about that idea. I think MUX VST is low priced enough. 59 euro for all those options!! In fact that's crazy :o
freddo
KVRist

95 posts since 28 Apr, 2017, from "Me? I live everywhere, or I'd be dead"

Postby freddo; Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:20 am Re: MUX questions

mutools wrote:Not wild about that idea. I think MUX VST is low priced enough. 59 euro for all those options!! In fact that's crazy :o

Did you mean your not wild about MUX exporting to VST or the MUX as a standalone player?
The latter is most useful, for me anyway.
It's about time someone released a modern easy to use standalone host. There are a few out there but MuX standalone would be a great addition to you're arsenal. :pray:
Not much point exporting to VST when you have MUX VST! But if we could purchase MUX VST with a standalone version that'd be super perfeck! :tu:
Last edited by freddo on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
:hihi: :lol:
bibz1st
KVRian

1453 posts since 29 Mar, 2013

Postby bibz1st; Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:24 am Re: MUX questions

Yea you're right, forget what I just said :D

....carry on as you were, nothing to see here...
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through
SparkySpark
KVRian

Postby SparkySpark; Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:48 am Re: MUX questions

Hi,

I agree with Jo that 59 euros is a great price for MUX VST, but I don't know how many customers there are even at this competitive pricing (there are a lot of "steals" in the over-saturated VST market).

Indeed, I don't know anything about MUX VST sales and it's really not any of my business. :) I just came to think of this as an opportunity to bring in more customers to the land of MuTools. For most developers in this area, cash flow is a problem. Making a MUX player version (or so) could well get more people interested in the other MuTools products and by all means also drive purchases of MUX VST.

What I suggested is how a lot of digital business is carried out today (freemium and the like concepts), but as long as sales are fine enough for continuing development of MuLab and MUX, I'm happy. :) Well, just maybe I'd feel it would be nice to share my MUX creation with more people than the existing MUX users. :wink:

By the way, I'm now incorporating the Resonator in my new MUX. 8) Just need to find a place for it...
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!
Previous

Moderators: mutools, muzycian

Return to MUTOOLS