High Sierra

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

May I? :hyper:

I haven't seen any reports of issues yet with plug-ins, but apparently, Apple has dropped support for any Logic earlier than 10.3. Is there anything in MuLab which might take exception, such as graphics?
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

I don't understand your question. Pls elaborate.

mutools wrote:I don't understand your question. Pls elaborate.
:dog:

Sorry. High Sierra is out. Have you had a chance yet to test MuLab on it?

And now, we hyper... :hyper:
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

syntonica wrote:
mutools wrote:I don't understand your question. Pls elaborate.
:dog:

Sorry. High Sierra is out. Have you had a chance yet to test MuLab on it?

And now, we hyper... :hyper:
My iMac has High Sierra and (so far) no issues with latest MuLab.

Thank you!

Have you seen any issues are all with plugins?

I want to upgrade, but I have a bunch of different plugs to check before I do.

syntonica wrote:Sorry. High Sierra is out.
Ah now i understand, sorry didn't know that yet.
Have you had a chance yet to test MuLab on it?
No.
Hopefully Apple did not create new incompatibilities.
@MuLab on High Sierra users: If you encounter any new issues, pls report here. Thx!

I will upgrade to High Sierra myself when it's the most used MacOS.
How fast do Mac users upgrade to the newest MacOS nowadays?
When should i switch the dev system: 3 months after the MacOS release? 6 months after the MacOS release?

As we know from the past: Upgrading MacOS is a VERY sensitive thing and may create unexpected incompatibilities with all kinds of software and hardware, unfortunately.

antoniaz wrote:My iMac has High Sierra and (so far) no issues with latest MuLab.
Thanks for your feedback :tu:

Good news!

mutools wrote:How fast do Mac users upgrade to the newest MacOS nowadays?
While new OS have 3 months of developer betas from the WWDC to their release, it often takes several more months to find and fix all incompatibilities. For example, High Sierra doesn't support some 32-bit apps (Logic Studio) and has a new SSD-only file system(!!) that has problems with Illustrator and some games (& perhaps bit-bridge plugins like Tassman?)
From a user perspective, newer OS are designed for faster machines to run the latest tech such as VR, so a new OS on a machine that is 5 years older will load programs and plugins noticeably more slowly. So there will necessarily be a range of old Macs and OS in use. BTW, Apple now lets older machines download 10.11, if they are incompatible with 10.13.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Thanks Michael

mutools wrote:
I will upgrade to High Sierra myself when it's the most used MacOS.
How fast do Mac users upgrade to the newest MacOS nowadays?
When should i switch the dev system: 3 months after the MacOS release? 6 months after the MacOS release?

As we know from the past: Upgrading MacOS is a VERY sensitive thing and may create unexpected incompatibilities with all kinds of software and hardware, unfortunately.
Until the new OS actually goes live, all the pretesting with dev versions does no good. Apple is pretty notorious for last minute changes, literally minutes before the master went to the disc duplicators. So, I would guess about three months time for the smaller developers. The big guys can usually get the basics done in a week or two.

Since this a Sierra+ type release (like Snow Leopard was the sweet spot after plain Leopard), it’s one I especially want to do. I will be ecstatic to wave goodbye to HFS+—terrible file system.

Return to “MUTOOLS”