Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New
Lokibeatz
KVRer

1 post since 5 Jan, 2017

Postby Lokibeatz; Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:28 am [Feature Request] Merge Automation clips

Hi,

first of all I want to thank you for creating a DAW that provides the freedom I need :D

I don't know if this has been mentioned before , but it would be a nice feature to be able to merge automation clips.

I mean in the same way like merging MIDI clips! :tu:

Greetings from Germany
pljones
KVRAF

6005 posts since 8 Feb, 2003, from London, UK

Postby pljones; Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:27 am Re: [Feature Request] Merge Automation clips

If you have two curves, with points at different times and with different values, merging would produce one curve bouncing up and down between the new points. Is that what you're thinking?
civ77
KVRer

6 posts since 25 Jun, 2017

Postby civ77; Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:25 am Re: [Feature Request] Merge Automation clips

pljones wrote:If you have two curves, with points at different times and with different values, merging would produce one curve bouncing up and down between the new points. Is that what you're thinking?

I believe he means combining 2 separate automation parts you've created into a single longer part. Which I was surprised to find you can't actually do.
pljones
KVRAF

6005 posts since 8 Feb, 2003, from London, UK

Postby pljones; Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:32 am Re: [Feature Request] Merge Automation clips

civ77 wrote:
pljones wrote:If you have two curves, with points at different times and with different values, merging would produce one curve bouncing up and down between the new points. Is that what you're thinking?

I believe he means combining 2 separate automation parts you've created into a single longer part. Which I was surprised to find you can't actually do.

Oh, merging them one after the other? Add a track. Add an automation subtrack for Aftertouch, draw in an automation part. Add another automation subtrack (of the first track) for Aftertouch, draw in an automation part. Drag the second part from the second subtrack to the first subtrack. Select both, right click... join..? Yep, can't do that. But I don't see much benefit to be gained from doing so myself. Maybe if the purpose were made clearer.

Moderators: mutools, muzycian

Return to MUTOOLS