Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New

Interested Purchaser Question

Protocol_b
KVRist

134 posts since 11 Nov, 2012

Postby Protocol_b; Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:38 pm Interested Purchaser Question

Simple Q: - I see there is the full MULAB and also the VST. Are they fully separate products, or does purchase of the 'full' MULAB *include* the use of the VST for other DAW's? I need the VST for sure, but if it is included in the larger package, I would consider that instead. Thanks!
Protocol_b
KVRist

Postby Protocol_b; Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:40 pm Re: Interested Purchaser Question

Oh, I think I get it - they are separate, but can get the pair for 99 EUR - sorry!
SparkySpark
KVRian

821 posts since 30 Aug, 2004, from Skövde, Sweden

Postby SparkySpark; Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:06 pm Re: Interested Purchaser Question

No need to be sorry. :)

Yes if you want to use the MUX patches in another host you'd need the VST version. But MuLab is an excellent host so in case you don't currently use another one then you can perhaps stay happy with MuLab only (that's what I am doing). In other words you can still make MUX patches in MuLab with the MuLab license (like the MuT8 multi effect I uploaded here yesterday).
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!
freddo
KVRist

95 posts since 28 Apr, 2017, from "Me? I live everywhere, or I'd be dead"

Postby freddo; Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:15 am Re: Interested Purchaser Question

Protocol_b wrote:Oh, I think I get it - they are separate, but can get the pair for 99 EUR - sorry!

Mulab includes MuX but it is integral to the DAW not for use as VST.
MuX is a separate entity for use in other DAW's
:hihi: :lol:
Protocol_b
KVRist

Postby Protocol_b; Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:28 pm Re: Interested Purchaser Question

Many thanks for your replies! If MULAB was JUST a little more live-play oriented I would love to stick with it alone, but for now it looks like Ableton is going to have to be included. Which is too bad because Ableton's MIDI routing is a tad pathetic. Thanks again folks! :)
skarabee
KVRer

21 posts since 30 Mar, 2017, from New Caledonia

Postby skarabee; Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:00 pm Re: Interested Purchaser Question

With Mux inside Mulab, you can build some patches for live play. MUX's step sequencer and sequence player assigned to a bunch of pads (note event pad or drum pad) and linked to a midi controler, and you have something that would be much more complicated to build with the more expensive Live.
These pads can lauch midi sequences, audio loops, effects, chords. I've already built some live oriented tools, that can run inside Mulab or another DAW.

Moderators: mutools, muzycian

Return to MUTOOLS