Mulab free version runs into trouble with Pianoteq

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

By default, Pianoteq has 5 outputs turned on, even though only two are connected to channels. Because the outputs are always turned on, Mulab free sees the user as using too many outputs in use, and plays the soft sffff sound every few seconds. There is no way, in Pianoteq, to turn off or mute the unused outputs, as far as I can tell. (One can solo a channel, but not close an output.)

Is there a way to make Mulab only see two outputs? Or is this a Pianoteq problem, which means that I should write to Modartt and request that the additional outputs be turned off when not in use?

Edit: I think nenneb's solution is better than mine.
Last edited by Michael L on Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

PianoTeq works fine in the payed version. Please buy a license and believe me, it's worth the money!
And I guess, the developer is in need for payment to proceed his constant work ...
;-)

nenneb wrote:PianoTeq works fine in the payed version. Please buy a license and believe me, it's worth the money!
And I guess, the developer is in need for payment to proceed his constant work ...
;-)
You mean in the paid-for version of Mulab, yes? I do like Mulab. On the other hand, I mainly use it for simple things like playing single piano libraries, and I think the developers of Mulab intended for it to be used, and not just as a way to entice purchasers who need more outputs or instruments or effects.

In any case, I wonder if other instruments have this problem--too many outputs turned on by default, and thus Mulab free produces the noise.

Note that, regardless of the source of the problem--Pianoteq or Mulab free--resolving it will be better for Mulab, since more people will use Mulab free, and thus be more likely to upgrade to the full product. (People on the Modarrt\Pianoteq forum sometimes ask about a straightforward DAW for playing Pianoteq, and I've recommended Mulab in the past there. Hard to do that with the noise interrupting playing.)

The number of used VST outputs is not triggering MuLab Free's demo noise. If you hear the demo noise then one of the MuLab Free limits has been crossed, see http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/ ... sions.html

Return to “MUTOOLS”