Yet Another Random Plaything

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, been tinkering with the random stuff again, I'm calling it 'Beat Root' as its a drum thing...oh and the colour...
Capture1.JPG
These select the Mudrums so you can change the samples as you would normally
Capture3.JPG
These take you to the parameter Value Randomisers that determine, in conjunction with the Mod Groups of the Step sequencers, which drums within each Mudrum are part of the randomly selected group of samples. If you can understand that you are doing good :lol:
Capture4.JPG
The 5 Target Parameters of each Randomiser are directly related to the 5 Mod Groups of each Mudrum, the minimum/maximum amounts are the range of drums to choose from ( dont go below zero or above 12 else it will select the wrong drum type, unless thats what you want) If you add more samples then you will need to increase the maximum value.
The Velocity Inversion pads just add a bit of variety.

You can find it in Mulib/Mux Instruments/Bibz1st/Percussion
There is also a lighter (on CPU) version that uses a multisampler instead of Mudrums, its called Beat Root Juice, its fundamentally the same, main difference is there is only 4 Gain controls rather than 5.
I think that basically covers it, its only a bit of fun but can give some interesting results.

There are also a couple of newer, more musical, versions of the Rand-O-Matic preset, named "Rand-O-M-G" the other is a one button version called...wait for it...."Obi-One-Button-Kenobi" :D these are in Mulib/Mux Instruments/Bibz1st
And on that bombshell, its time for bed :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

I could do with the colour of the ("light") buttons being a bit lighter -- the contrast isn't great.

Shareable link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QLG7O ... _t1arlRjVC

Anyway, seems really nice and easy to use.

Yea, thought there might be a problem with the colours. I'll change them later, dont want to change them too much else I'll have to think of another name haha.
Thanks for putting the link, could have sworn I sorted that, I was tired though, thats my excuse.

Yeah, doesn't want to be much lighter -- more "less saturated", the same "colour" but less of it :).

Changed it slightly but also did another colour scheme / name
beatroot.JPG
beatnic.JPG
Which do you think looks best ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nic. Less stimulation. More contrast. Less effort. More readable.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

I must try this! Looks cool. Liked the first, but second is a tad easier on the eye.
Why is DECAY in all caps?
:hihi: :lol:

Yes. It should be ATTACK! and decayyyy
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

:tu:

freddo wrote:I must try this! Looks cool. Liked the first, but second is a tad easier on the eye.
Why is DECAY in all caps?
There's a very good reason for that......
I completely missed it :hihi:
I will change as soon as I can, thanks for spotting it.
Might randomise the TUNE, just a little, at the same time

Nice patch,as always :tu:
The bloody 'Beat Root' color scheme is cool,I like it :D
Thanks bibz1st!

:tu: Thanks, I got rid of the red one from Mulib though

Aww! :-(

I'll put it back if you want, its no prob

I have put the BeatRoot versions back in Mulib, they are all updated with a random tuning but with a reset tune pad too.

Return to “MUTOOLS”