Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

note velocities not reproduced

Ramlee
KVRer

2 posts since 14 Feb, 2016

Postby Ramlee; Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:44 am note velocities not reproduced

Hi everyone,

Please forgive me for asking such a rudimentary question; I've just started working with Mulab. I love it of course but I've hit a wall with a problem I've encountered. Regardless of what note velocities I record, say for a drum track, where I'm aiming for a high degree of dynamic variation in a track, these varying velocities are not reproduced at the master output. Instead I get a fixed velocity output regardless of what I've recorded. I have a velocity sensitive midi keyboard and regardless of how hard I strike keys all triggered notes are reproduced at the same volume. I've hunted around inside Mulab for some overarching velocity sensitivity parameter setting but I've found nothing. I'd appreciate some advice.

Regards Ramlee
Michael L
KVRAF

1823 posts since 25 Jan, 2014, from the End of the World as we Knowit

Postby Michael L; Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:06 am Re: note velocities not reproduced

In MuDrum the VS parameter for each sample is Velocity Sensitivity and by default is 100% or very sensitive, so if your drum plugin VS is 0% then all velocities would be max volume.
"As the artist goes deeper into his own thing, he learns what works and then needs fewer tools."
Ramlee
KVRer

2 posts since 14 Feb, 2016

Postby Ramlee; Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:06 am Re: note velocities not reproduced

Thanks for the help Michael...I went back to my drum VSTi and messed around with some velocity knobs and that seems to have done the trick...brilliant!!

Moderators: mutools, muzycian

Return to MUTOOLS