Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
Protocol_b
KVRist

145 posts since 11 Nov, 2012

Postby Protocol_b; Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:42 am Does Demo Version Only Permit MIDI Channel 1?

Although I am transmitting multiple MIDI channels (monitoring via Logic) into MULAB, the MULAB monitor tells me that all channels are being forced to channel 1. Is this a limitation of the demo? Thanks!
pljones
KVRAF

6024 posts since 8 Feb, 2003, from London, UK

Postby pljones; Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:32 am Re: Does Demo Version Only Permit MIDI Channel 1?

There is nothing cut down about the free version. There are simply checks on what you're doing and, if you do them, your audio gets interrupted:
http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/ ... sions.html

Someone else may get to the actual answer quicker than me... But I'm looking :).
mutools
KVRAF

9214 posts since 24 Jun, 2008, from Europe

Postby mutools; Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:40 am Re: Does Demo Version Only Permit MIDI Channel 1?

MIDI Input is auto routed to the focused module. (most of the time that's the module where the focused track is pointing to).
If you want explicit control over MIDI input then use Project -> Edit MIDI Input Channel Targets.
Also see more info about this function here: http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/main-menu.html
pljones
KVRAF

6024 posts since 8 Feb, 2003, from London, UK

Postby pljones; Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:12 am Re: Does Demo Version Only Permit MIDI Channel 1?

So, say I have a VSTi that processing Channel 1 and Channel 2 separately, I can have a sequence part on a track targeting Channel 1 on that module whilst my external keyboard's MIDI In Channel 2 is targeting Channel 2 on the VSTi. That does work.

However, is there no way to straight "thru" the incoming channel to the focussed module? It seems, if you don't specify that channel 2 is channel 2, it becomes channel 1.

I guess what I'm saying is it might be easier to understand if there was an overall channel control setting that switched between "Through" (i.e. if the incoming event is Channel 2, the event routes as Channel 2 to its target, for all channels), "Focussed" (i.e. the change the event as now, for all channels) or "Individual", where the choice of assigned channel could be made as now -- although maybe also have "Through" as an option to select like "Focussed" is and display a saved "N to N" mapping as "Through").

Moderators: mutools, muzycian

Return to MUTOOLS