Memory issue

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm working with the 32bit-version in Win 8.0 - MuLab 7.6.12
Sometimes it happens, that I load VSTi's that consume quite a big amount of memory and when I try to insert the next one, MuLab shows a message box "Couldn't create instance"
First, that's strange to me, because Windows-Taskmanager shows 1.1GB used by MuLab only and and 1.3GB out of 3.2GB in total still free. As far as I know, a Win32-program can use up to 2 GB - but maybe I'm wrong.
Anyway, when I remove a big memory-consumer, the VSTi still cannot be loaded and I don't see any change in the Taskmanager - MuLab still consumes around 1.1GB.
When I save the project with the big consumer removed, close MuLab and start it again, it uses app. 600MB only.
Is there a way to free consumed memory within MuLab?

Note that deleting a (VST) module is an undoable action so the (VST) module is not (yet) really deleted from RAM when you delete the module via the UI. Saving the project and reloading the project will reset the undo-redo history and thus free any associated RAM.

Got it - thank you!
And what's about a button/menu-entry like "Reorganize memory" ?

Not planned atm.
Save + Revert project is quite fast for this specific case.

Ps: Added a wishlist item about a "Clear Undo History" function, that could be handy indeed.

Return to “MUTOOLS”