MuLab crashes after turning off record

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I forgot about an aspect: You are using the 32 bit version of MuLab! That means that your RAM access is bounded to max 4 GB. And this 4 GB includes the app mem itself, any DLLs and there mem usage etc, so the practical limit will be (much) less than 4GB.
Try using MuLab 64 bit and see if you can record what you want.

I know from experience loading samples I get to about 31Gb out of 32Gb with no problems at all.

mutools wrote:I forgot about an aspect: You are using the 32 bit version of MuLab! That means that your RAM access is bounded to max 4 GB. And this 4 GB includes the app mem itself, any DLLs and there mem usage etc, so the practical limit will be (much) less than 4GB.
Try using MuLab 64 bit and see if you can record what you want.
Oh - for 32bit Windows, unless tweaked, I believe Windows itself reserved 2Gb of RAM, so your max is 2Gb. If I remember correctly, tweaked it allows 3Gb RAM. I don't remember which Windows version that was. Probably XP, which I think is the last 32bit version I ran.

Thx pljones for your feedback on this.

I must indeed correct myself. I thought i remembered that Windows was protecting apps from one app taking all memory, but that does not seem to be true. I did a test and could easily take all available memory using MuLab 7.6 64 bit on Windows 10 without doing anything special. So that's good! Simple and easy :)

The out of memory issue d.vyd encountered must have been a 32 bit memory border issue.

Return to “MUTOOLS”