Vst plugin output number

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pyrotek45 wrote:The solution is simple. Make it where i can log into your site with my email and password. Then i can download a key file to link to mulab.
Every time that file gets downloaded it invalidates the old one. Done.
To work 100%, this requires that ever operation done inside MuLab get checked online against the black list. As I've mentioned, that's rather annoying. Even if it only checked once on start up it's still more annoying for the paying customer than it need be.

I hadn't seen this thread and the topic seems to have gone cold? If I could just add a few comments at this late stage?
I love the fact that the current licence system is lightweight and that the installation is portable like Reaper. I run MuLab on just one PC but the fact that I can portably move it (and all its settings) in one process via a USB stick backup is wonderful (you know if my main PC screws up). For this reason I also tend to favour "portable" VST's. Another issue (which I hesitate to mention) is that Jo is a one-man developer. If something should happen to him (God forbid) then there is potential that some of these more complex system-specific protection mechanisms might fail to re-authorise the software. Sorry Jo, may you live long and prosper!!!!

smithoid wrote:I hadn't seen this thread and the topic seems to have gone cold? If I could just add a few comments at this late stage?
I love the fact that the current licence system is lightweight and that the installation is portable like Reaper. I run MuLab on just one PC but the fact that I can portably move it (and all its settings) in one process via a USB stick backup is wonderful (you know if my main PC screws up). For this reason I also tend to favour "portable" VST's.
I also love this aspect. But the problem is: What about accidentally or intentionally leaked user keys?
Another issue (which I hesitate to mention) is that Jo is a one-man developer. If something should happen to him (God forbid) then there is potential that some of these more complex system-specific protection mechanisms might fail to re-authorise the software.
I'm aware of this aspect. Rest assured: Whatever new key system would be used, this aspect will surely be taken into account, at least with some well defined SOS scenario, so that no user would loose his MuLab / MUX!
Sorry Jo
No sorry needed, it's a real true aspect.
may you live long and prosper!!!!
Thanks! :phones: :party:

Yes, I certainly understand the problem you have. The Reaper model seems perhaps too trusting... use the demo indefinitely with just a nag screen, honesty as to whether one is home-user or pro (quite a difference in price!). I would certainly have your concerns if I was a software developer. At the end of the day it is your product/decision and I trust your choice of solution.
Cheers!!
Paul

Return to “MUTOOLS”