Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRian

551 posts since 21 Apr, 2017, from Bahia, Brazil

Postby Scrubbing Monkeys; Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:19 am Re: Creating Voice Over lead Instruction Videos for MUTools by the Community

@ Sparky spark - Caps

As a matter of fact Muclips will be my first followed by sidechain compression and then a video on the main interface and layout of Mulab.

I like he idea of a short consistent intro for all videos. I will send Jo a note and ask if I can use official Mulab artwork. If not. Its easy to make some thing similar.

At this point I always rehearse my segments. I also do video first and voice over after. I am working on doing them together in the future. The main reason for this is that I tend to ramble which doesnt really serve anyone. As I become more comfortable with doing video I am sure it will get better.

I am looking forward to doing these.
mutools
KVRAF

9496 posts since 24 Jun, 2008, from Europe

Postby mutools; Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:59 am Re: Creating Voice Over lead Instruction Videos for MUTools by the Community

Scrubbing Monkeys wrote:I like he idea of a short consistent intro for all videos. I will send Jo a note and ask if I can use official Mulab artwork. If not. Its easy to make some thing similar.

May be best to have a difference between 'official' MuTools videos and user created videos. A first reason is that if they all would look like official MuTools videos then i will feel responsable for the content and hence i'll have to invest time in them. So i prefer to have a separate intro tag. But i'm definitely willing to support this great initiative and if i can help with providing a nice alternative, or some alpha-layered png slides with which you can play to make your own alternative intro, let me know.
Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRian

Postby Scrubbing Monkeys; Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:26 am Re: Creating Voice Over lead Instruction Videos for MUTools by the Community

mutools wrote:
Scrubbing Monkeys wrote:I like he idea of a short consistent intro for all videos. I will send Jo a note and ask if I can use official Mulab artwork. If not. Its easy to make some thing similar.

May be best to have a difference between 'official' MuTools videos and user created videos. A first reason is that if they all would look like official MuTools videos then i will feel responsable for the content and hence i'll have to invest time in them. So i prefer to have a separate intro tag. But i'm definitely willing to support this great initiative and if i can help with providing a nice alternative, or some alpha-layered png slides with which you can play to make your own alternative intro, let me know.

Thanks,
I agree. I will make something similar but different. I would much rather you invest your time continuing Mutools

You may or may not want to be responsible for ANYTHING I do. :wink:

I ll send you a link to the intro prior to release.

MuLab and MUX are fantastic tools and I am glad to be in a position to help share.

As with anything I do, all criticism is welcome. Not always followed but welcome. :)
SparkySpark
KVRian

1209 posts since 30 Aug, 2004, from Skövde, Sweden

Postby SparkySpark; Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:20 pm Re: Creating Voice Over lead Instruction Videos for MUTools by the Community

Can't wait to see the results!

@ Caps (mainly): I didn't meant to say that no-one watches videos over five min in length, I only meant that some people will shy away from long videos. Also, it's nicer to be able to say there are thirty videos than saying ten.

So instead of doing one video showing, for example, compression including side-chaining, it might be more clever to do one video on compression in general in MuLab and one video on side-chain compression. Two videos for the price of one so to speak, and it also makes it easier to find what one is looking for when not wanting to stop the creative flow in the studio.
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!
Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRian

Postby Scrubbing Monkeys; Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:11 am Re: Creating Voice Over led Instruction Videos for MUTools by the Community

Ok,

First one is up.
Intro to Muclips

https://youtu.be/1XXlSjIGy9s

Sorry couldn't keep it to 5 min. I did cut it in half. Part two will show how MuClips have helped me work horizontally. In other words moving through a song rather than continuing to built on a single 8 bar loop untill you cant stand it anymore.

Bare with me as I improve. This was my first attempt at video and voice at the same time. I found the Muvie feature and think it is an awesome feature. I would like to use it soon. I am trying to find the right video codec and figue out how to get Mulab to see it. I have to keep my file size down due to internet and pwoer limitations.

I had alot of fun doing this and will continue to make more. Mulab has won top position as my creation DAW. It is just too fast and too logical to use anything else, for me. I work totally in the box for electronic music and only use acoustic instruments live.

Again all critigue and comments welcome, good and bad.
Caps
KVRist

92 posts since 20 Jul, 2010, from Los Angeles

Postby Caps; Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:13 am Re: Creating Voice Over led Instruction Videos for MUTools by the Community

Why are you giving an iframe link? Did you even test it just after posting? :)
Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRian

Postby Scrubbing Monkeys; Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:15 am Re: Creating Voice Over led Instruction Videos for MUTools by the Community

Caps wrote:Why are you giving an iframe link? Did you even test it just after posting? :)

Already changed.
I was trying to embed it
pljones
KVRAF

6229 posts since 8 Feb, 2003, from London, UK

Postby pljones; Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:59 am Re: Creating Voice Over led Instruction Videos for MUTools by the Community

One of the best bits was you kept saying why you liked the feature - that it helps contain an idea you're working on then come back to it, to put that idea together with others quickly to see how they work together.

Overall it felt well paced - not too rushed or slow. The only exception being the end -- I guess that's because you cut it in half afterwards rather than pre-planning for the "in part two". It might be worth doing a voice-over saying something along those lines just with the opening logo behind it and then a short fade out. The end seems a bit sudden currently.
Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRian

Postby Scrubbing Monkeys; Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:41 pm Re: Creating Voice Over led Instruction Videos for MUTools by the Community

pljones wrote:One of the best bits was you kept saying why you liked the feature - that it helps contain an idea you're working on then come back to it, to put that idea together with others quickly to see how they work together.

Overall it felt well paced - not too rushed or slow. The only exception being the end -- I guess that's because you cut it in half afterwards rather than pre-planning for the "in part two". It might be worth doing a voice-over saying something along those lines just with the opening logo behind it and then a short fade out. The end seems a bit sudden currently.

Yeah, exactly. You can tell in the voice that I wasnt done.

Can I point Mulab muvie to ffmpeg somehow?
pljones
KVRAF

6229 posts since 8 Feb, 2003, from London, UK

Postby pljones; Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:06 pm Re: Creating Voice Over led Instruction Videos for MUTools by the Community

I generally record Muvies fairly raw (as my PC seems to like dying at the sign of a video codec). Then I use OpenShot in Linux to edit and save and then run the result through ffmpeg my hand. There's probably a better way...
Michael L
KVRAF

2300 posts since 25 Jan, 2014, from the End of the World as we Knowit

Postby Michael L; Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:46 pm Re: Creating Voice Over led Instruction Videos for MUTools by the Community

+1 to pljones. Nice video
I think its good to organise videos around how to have a good workflow in MuLab for each part of the production process, and to present the 'problem' or 'goal' at the beginning of each video, e.g.
Scrubbing Monkeys wrote:Part two will show how MuClips have helped me work horizontally. In other words moving through a song rather than continuing to built on a single 8 bar loop.
It's also useful when you say why you like a feature, and when you calmly and systematically explain how to efficiently use MuLab's multi-level structure.
mutools
KVRAF

Postby mutools; Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:42 pm Re: Creating Voice Over led Instruction Videos for MUTools by the Community

Nice video! Thank you for creating & sharing this! :tu: :tu:
SparkySpark
KVRian

1209 posts since 30 Aug, 2004, from Skövde, Sweden

Postby SparkySpark; Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:51 pm Re: Creating Voice Over led Instruction Videos for MUTools by the Community

Awesome job, Scrubbing Monkeys!

Really great tutorial. :tu:
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!
Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRian

Postby Scrubbing Monkeys; Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:15 am Re: Creating Voice Over led Instruction Videos for MUTools by the Community

Here is a video on side chain compression with the kick in MuDrum. This one flowed a bit better. I am getting closer to some kind of a productive work flow.

I failed a few time with Muvie doing this so I reverted back to OBS for screen capture. I will figure out muvie. For now its a latency configuration issue at my end and sometimes nothing can view the output file on the Muvie end. I still want to get it working because I think its awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r--HF54pWPE
mutools
KVRAF

Postby mutools; Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:06 pm Re: Creating Voice Over led Instruction Videos for MUTools by the Community

Thanks for creating & sharing this video :tu:
PreviousNext

Moderators: mutools, muzycian

Return to MUTOOLS