Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
GaryG
KVRAF

5668 posts since 13 Jan, 2003, from Kent, UK

Postby GaryG; Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:48 am Creating multieffect in Free version?

This could be the newbie question of all time but...

...should I be able to create a multieffect patch (mix of modules and VSTs for example) with custom front panel etc in the free version?

I tried following the docs but seemed to not have the options in the toolbars etc that I needed. Couldn't seem to save it either.

Guidance appreciated. :) Thanks.
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")
mutools
KVRAF

9429 posts since 24 Jun, 2008, from Europe

Postby mutools; Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:19 am Re: Creating multieffect in Free version?

Yes that's possible. The only limitation of MUX Modular VST demo version is a regular soft noise.
Similar for MuLab Free, though you can even do a bit more before the soft noise comes.
See http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/ ... sions.html
GaryG
KVRAF

Postby GaryG; Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:04 am Re: Creating multieffect in Free version?

Ok, thanks, I must be doing something wrong then, back to the docs. :)
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")
GaryG
KVRAF

Postby GaryG; Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:29 pm Re: Creating multieffect in Free version?

Ok, got it now, I was trying to create the effect from the modular screen, not adding mux to a rack then creating from there.

This is fun, now wondering how well mulab runs on my old windows tablet... That and a mulab patch with a custom panel could be a neat little live multieffects... :)

Cheers.
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")
pljones
KVRAF

6169 posts since 8 Feb, 2003, from London, UK

Postby pljones; Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:04 pm Re: Creating multieffect in Free version?

How good is Windows Mobile audio? Does it support Asio4All or have native ASIO drivers? You'll need at least Asio4All to use audio input and have any chance of low enough latency for making a real time multi-effect.
GaryG
KVRAF

Postby GaryG; Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:47 am Re: Creating multieffect in Free version?

My tablet is Windows10 so shouldn't be a problem installing Asio drivers. I certainly had them running on it when it was Windows8 (never should have upgraded to be honest... :))
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")
SparkySpark
KVRian

1043 posts since 30 Aug, 2004, from Skövde, Sweden

Postby SparkySpark; Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:29 pm Re: Creating multieffect in Free version?

Yes it's a lot of fun making MUX patches. I have only done FX patches so far, but it is a very clever framework for your DIY projects. :tu:
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!

Moderators: mutools, muzycian

Return to MUTOOLS