Midi in not working if device turned on after starting Mulab

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So it's ok to abuse me by twisting what I say, but because I'm being graphic that's not allowed?
An insult is an insult! No matter how you dress it up! He insulted me, I just returned the favour.
This is not the first time I've seen this poor attitude of his come to the surface!!!

I offered nothing but constructive criticism and he abused me, but you think that's ok? Probably because it's not directed at you!
I shall leave then as clearly this is a closed group of people wanting nothing more than mutual brown nosing.

Apart from this, I did nothing wrong except say what needs to be said. Jo, you need to expand, otherwise you're always going to be in the same situation.

Well, goodbye
:hihi: :lol:

Insulting people the way you did is Not Ok.
I only asked to take back your insult and apologize to him.
There is no problem having different opinions and even if a discussion is a bit heated, but NOT that kind of low-grade insults. If you want to emphasize your own truth, do it with rational arguments.
I do not ask you to take back your criticism on the fact that the MuLab R&D is limited by the number of devs. ie. 1. That's a fact, indeed.

So you're saying it's ok to insult someone as long as you do it with flowery language? That's actually wrong!

I refer you to the forum rules:
Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will result in your post being edited / deleted, and you may be issued with a warning and / or a ban.
Would you say that pljones behaved in such a way? I would! And as I said, I've witnessed it many times.
You are correct in that I should not use that language, which really isn't that harsh, but in no way will I apologise to someone who has insulted me!

Quote pljones where he insulted you.

There are various ways to insult people as you well know. Clearly you are incapable of seeing that.

I'm incapable. Please quote it.

Please calm down everybody!
Pljones usually is polite, competent and helpful (although not so much in this thread)
And freddo, you are right in some matter. Of course it's not really ideal to depend on a sole developer. I'm also waiting to get a number of FR implemented, but though it's hard, I have to accept: I work as a composer and a lot MIDI-based. I want to see multiple staffs at the same time, a line showing the used chords, an improved logical editor and so on. Jo is working on time-stretching which seems completely useless to me. But for sure it's difficult and big effort to solve and quite a number of MuLab users are waiting for that as well as for sound and automation issues. Which direction should he go? If he implements my wishes (what I would prefer), other users would feel refused.
Unfortunately we have to accept: It's Jo's baby and it's up to him to decide, what's fun to develop.
Maybe a bigger number of developers would do better. But honestly: Ask Steinberg to add certain features into Cubase, that no one else asked for. Do you think you'll get it within days?
And finally: Although this and that is missing, MuLab is really cool to work with. No need to install, low system-requirements, no GUI-overkill. To me it's inspiring and pushes me to compose, while (the more powerful) Cubase is turning me down.
Freddo, buy your copy as it's really cheap and try to get used to MuLab. It really is not that bad. ;-)

Well said nenneb,

What I think we ought to consider is that apps like MuLab are made of thousands upon thousands of lines of code. Look at Bitwig 2...in the last year there have been a *couple* of significant updates within their new upgrade system (yearly fee). And they have a few developers working.

I think quite an important thing Jo should do is have MuLab native on Linux. But not everyone will agree. :hihi:

nenneb wrote:Jo is working on time-stretching which seems completely useless to me. It's Jo's baby and it's up to him to decide, what's fun to develop.
Just FYI: Timestretching was not my personal choice. But it's one of the most requested FRs, and that's why i decided to go for it. It indeed is a big technical challenge. I can add that M8 is a serious code operation. In parallel to the timestretching R&D, i'm also doing other serious code operations wrt other FRs and future developments. And now due to several recent serious issues with the copy protection i'm obliged to work out a complete new copy protection. A serious unexpected but undoubtedly necessary job too.

Of course the R&D pace is limited by the fact that i'm but a sole dev. That's a true sad fact indeed and it clearly causes frustrations. Also with me, cause also i would want to see things evolve much much faster. Question is: How to solve that? Teaming up is not an easy thing. Trust, skill and compatibility are keywords and not easy to find. And that's supposed i would find the time to search. I'm aware that, as MuLab/MUX grows there come more FRs and as a sole dev i have to skip many many more FRs than i can implement, and so i shall only work on the most popular ones + the ones i think that are most direct wrt making music + the ones that are vital to maintain/grow MuTools' business, which is the platform for new developments.

the ones that are vital to maintain/grow MuTools' business, which is the platform for new developments.
And don't you think Linux support will help that?

I like the balance of features in MuLab. Software can actually have too many features!
Too many features can constrain user's creativity and take attention away from music.
Too many features can make software too costly to update and shorten its lifespan.
I have many favourite programs that are abandoned.
I want MuLab to be around for a long time!
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

mutools wrote:I'm incapable. Please quote it.
As you insist...
pljones wrote:
freddo wrote:Sorry, don't you understand English? For the record, here's what that means...
and hope that maybe one day I can join this forum with more positive outlook.
Ah, right. That's what I thought.
You really telling me you don't see this as an insult?
nenneb wrote:Pljones usually is polite, competent and helpful (although not so much in this thread)
My point exactly!
Funny how you can see it but not Jo?!
As I said Jo, you are incapable of seeing it. Maybe the language barrier prevents the hidden sarcasm translating? That's not a dig at you btw! Just a simple observation.
Like I said, i've seen much of this poor attitude from him throughout this site. Perhaps he doesn't know the meaning of humility? We all make mistakes, but few learn from them. Intelligence often interferes with learning as the individual believes themselves to already know better. Pljones is clearly intelligent.

I believe Mulab has a lot of potential, seriously hampered by you being a sole developer. Not blaming or criticising that point, but nonetheless, it is a problem. For both you and the consumer.
Maybe you should rethink the idea of using API addon functionality to help release some of the burden? imagine the extended possibilities! The benefits for users and sales of Mulab.

How long is your FR list? You won't tell us because you know it's way too long and completely impossible for you to fulfil it. I expect many of those could be created via addons. Well, it's your decision, but you should give it a lot of thought. several requests have been made for this functionality, yet you won't allow it, is there any real reason why? Many features could be added just by your 'relatively small' effort to enable addons.

Maybe I'll check back in a year or two, see how things have changed, in the mean time I'll stick with Reaper!

All the best... :tu:

Michael L wrote:I like the balance of features in MuLab. Software can actually have too many features!
Too many features can constrain user's creativity and take attention away from music.
Too many features can make software too costly to update and shorten its lifespan.
I have many favourite programs that are abandoned.
I want MuLab to be around for a long time!
I completely agree with you. But the real problem isn't the excessive features, it's the piss poor way developers give access to them. The ability to customise menus is a rarity in software, but should be the norm. Allowing users to hide things they never use, or simply reorganise menus to suit their requirements allows lesser used items to be put away in sub menus, etc. That way it becomes much easier on the workflow.

Mulab also suffers this poor structure, but I have to admit, it's better than many other apps.

MuLab has midi maps and keyboard shortcuts that we can select using hardware midi controllers and computer keyboards in order to customise commands. We can then combine commands using hardware features: OS macro scripts; controller layouts, etc. Teamwork!
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

freddo wrote:
mutools wrote:I'm incapable. Please quote it.
As you insist...
pljones wrote:
freddo wrote:Sorry, don't you understand English? For the record, here's what that means...
and hope that maybe one day I can join this forum with more positive outlook.
Ah, right. That's what I thought.
You really telling me you don't see this as an insult?
No i don't see the insult. Maybe someone can explain it to me.

Calling someone "a dick", that's insulting.

Return to “MUTOOLS”