Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR

Step sequencer in MUX

smithoid
KVRer

28 posts since 26 Jan, 2016

Postby smithoid; Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:57 am Step sequencer in MUX

Probably being very thick here but...
I want to create a MUX containing just a step sequencer so that I can insert before a VST synth in a Reaper FX chain. In the MUX modular area, I create the event in/out and link to the step sequencer. I then go to front panel and create the step sequencer view but it only shows the grid and none of the group controls or, most importantly for me, the A/B/C etc. pattern switching. I can, of course, just drag the step sequencer module on to the front panel but then it requires an extra mouse click to open it (but at least I get the full thing this time). So is it possible to arrange MUX with the full step sequencer showing in panel view?
Thanks
Paul
smithoid
KVRer

Postby smithoid; Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:47 am Re: Step sequencer in MUX

Just thinking a bit further on this.... I think I had assumed the Step Sequencer had full "instrument" status like MuSynth (load up MuSynth and the full interface appears). Perhaps Jo could consider some way that modules can be treated as full instruments? It's not an issue in MuLab as a module can be dragged into a rack and opened with one click. I guess I am trying to get the Reaper FX chain to operate like the MuLab rack!
mutools
KVRAF

9358 posts since 24 Jun, 2008, from Europe

Postby mutools; Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:26 am Re: Step sequencer in MUX

smithoid wrote:So is it possible to arrange MUX with the full step sequencer showing in panel view?

Not possible (yet). The deeper reason is that the layout of such module could vary in the future. And so if it is integrated in a front panel and you put other front panel elements besides it, and then in a future version the step seq layout would get bigger/smaller, then the front panel wont match anymore. If there would be an easy solution for that, then that could add new options. But i cannot work on that on short term.
smithoid
KVRer

Postby smithoid; Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:53 am Re: Step sequencer in MUX

Jo, can I just clarify please? If I set up several patterns in the step sequencer (from the modular view), what is the front panel object actually showing?
Thanks
Paul
mutools
KVRAF

9358 posts since 24 Jun, 2008, from Europe

Postby mutools; Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:16 am Re: Step sequencer in MUX

The currently selected pattern.

Moderators: mutools, muzycian

Return to MUTOOLS