Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR

How to change Muvie encoder settings?

Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRist

352 posts since 21 Apr, 2017, from Bahia, Brazil

Postby Scrubbing Monkeys; Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:53 am How to change Muvie encoder settings?

When I toggled Muvie on for the frst tme I was given a choice to select a video encoder. I left it at default. Now I would like to change it. The default saves it to an Avi file that isnt playing nice with other software. VLC and Reaper. I remember there being some microsoft options in the list.

How do I change the encoder settings?
AndreasD
KVRian

819 posts since 2 Mar, 2009

Postby AndreasD; Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:52 am Re: How to change Muvie encoder settings?

Delete the file MuLab/User/Settings/AppMovieRecorder.Txt.

The full text is here:
http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/muvie-recorder.html
Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRist

Postby Scrubbing Monkeys; Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:13 pm Re: How to change Muvie encoder settings?

Thank you.

Is there any way I can point it to ffmpeg on my system?
mutools
KVRAF

9358 posts since 24 Jun, 2008, from Europe

Postby mutools; Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:34 pm Re: How to change Muvie encoder settings?

How do you mean?
I mean: Doesn't ffmpeg register all codecs it comes with?
If yes then you should be able to select any of these codecs from Windows' codec selector, right?
Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRist

Postby Scrubbing Monkeys; Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:09 pm Re: How to change Muvie encoder settings?

mutools wrote:How do you mean?
I mean: Doesn't ffmpeg register all codecs it comes with?
If yes then you should be able to select any of these codecs from Windows' codec selector, right?

ffmpeg is on my system but doest appear as an option. I figured I needed to point Mulab to it.

However I tried the microsoft video option in Mulab and it delievers an acceptable balance of quality and size. I really like the idea of this being built in and find the mouse click identifier to be a good feature. Again, a great feature that is simple to use and seems to work great.
SparkySpark
KVRian

957 posts since 30 Aug, 2004, from Skövde, Sweden

Postby SparkySpark; Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:39 am Re: How to change Muvie encoder settings?

What?! There's an integrated movie recording feature?!
:o :o :o

This software never stops amazing me!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!

Moderators: mutools, muzycian

Return to MUTOOLS