Determine BPM of Audio files

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a quick way to determine the BPM (tempo) of existing audio files that are being planned to be used in a project? e.g Browse to a folder and then quickly determine the BPM of a selected audio file.

Any suggestions?

MP3 files can contain TBPM tags that indicate the BPM.

Acidized WAV files similarly contain BPM information.

Then there's REX files, which are similar but different. (They have beat marks but no declaration of BPM, I think.) These are supported by MuTools.

A quick google turned up https://www.digitaldjtips.com/2011/01/h ... -for-free/ (can't vouch for its safety).

Thanks plj ...
But I am referring to all those other existing WAV files that don't normally carry the tempo info. I am looking for a way, within Mutools, to get a stream file's BPM. File tempo can vary, but usually has a dominant beat.

BPM analyzer does a good job, wish it was a plugin so it could be applied within Mutools.

Thanks plj ...
But I am referring to all those other existing WAV files that don't normally carry the tempo info. I am looking for a way, within Mutools, to get a stream file's BPM. File tempo can vary, but usually has a dominant beat.

BPM analyzer does a good job, wish it was a plugin so it could be applied within Mutools.

Return to “MUTOOLS”