Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
4 posts since 22 Sep, 2017

Postby simon_marklar; Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:53 pm My First MUX - Korg Volca Sample interface

Hi All,

Thought i'd share my first MUX and hopefully get some feedback. (please bear with me, I'm an audio noob so my terminology is probably wrong :))

Its an interface that lets you use the Korg Volca Sample as a drum machine and also allows for changing of the parameters for each sample from within MuLab.

I made it because I hated having to have a track for each sample, and I find it easier to get the sound just the way I want it by turning knobs rather than drawing lines in the automation channels. Right now I'm primarily using the sample as an augment to my er1 mk 2 to add in drum sounds like hats and snares that the er1 cant do, so this MUX allows me to use the drum note processor to have all the sample parts in one track. You can automate the parameters for each part too.

One thing I have noticed is that sometimes there is a little slowdown/hiccup when playing back a track. This didn't happen when I had different tracks for each part. I have no idea why. If anyone can recommend a way to figure out what is going on i'm all ears :)

I use it by making a track, then in the mixer the track is sent to load in this mux and then add in "send to <your-midi-output-here>"

I don't really know what I'm doing so chances are I've done something wrong, but i'd love any feedback!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
44 posts since 30 Mar, 2017, from New Caledonia

Postby skarabee; Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:50 pm Re: My First MUX - Korg Volca Sample interface

Good idea!
As far as I know, in the Volca Sample, each sample/part has its own midi channel, right?
So this a good idea for overall control of your Korg. Make my interest for this little machine regained...
Thank you for sharing
4 posts since 22 Sep, 2017

Postby simon_marklar; Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:42 am Re: My First MUX - Korg Volca Sample interface

yep, exactly right. having each part in its own track got painful really quickly, this kinda fixes that.

I plan on doing another one to map notes to the speed parameter so you can play it with a keyboard. but I don't have a keyboard (yet) so that's a while away.

its a good little unit and heaps of fun but it does have its limitations. for the price though, if you like using gear rather than plugins, its pretty cool
983 posts since 30 Aug, 2004, from Skövde, Sweden

Postby SparkySpark; Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:23 pm Re: My First MUX - Korg Volca Sample interface

Good job on the UI!
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!

Moderators: mutools, muzycian

Return to MUTOOLS