Start/Stop & sync over Apple IAC buss

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

At first glance I am seriously impressed and hope to add MuLab to my studio. First I need to accomplish my task of recording MIDI sequences from a generative software module using the IAC buss. I set up the input and output MIDI and created an output module but the IAC module fails to start. The module sends into MuLab fine but I am unable to sync it. I see no provision for external sync in MuLab. Some documentation could help.
I would be very grateful for any response. I want to believe in this tool.

Thanks

H

Note that MuLab does not support slave sync to an external MIDI clock.
It only supports sending MIDI sync out.
How to do that is explained on this doc page:
https://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab ... utput.html

Thanks for the reply Jo. Sorry that it took me so many hours to find out that such a fundamental feature is missing. Having searched the forums for this basic information I observed that many people have serious timing and sync issues with your software. Toys are important but should not be called tools.

Je ne travaille plus dans le cirque et pourtant j'ai l'impression de rencontrer constamment des clowns

harmonicgleam wrote:Having searched the forums for this basic information I observed that many people have serious timing and sync issues with your software.
Please be specific. Quote those people and/or add the links to the relevant posts you observed.

harmonicgleam wrote:Je ne travaille plus dans le cirque et pourtant j'ai l'impression de rencontrer constamment des clowns
Alright man chill out. 3/3 of your forum posts so far have been in a negative light directly towards Mutools in a manner that is not professional (which truth be told makes it seem like you're simply here to scam and put down the product). Sure, there are features that you would like that have not (yet) been implemented. However, that is on you to decide if the software is right for you. If you like Reaper more, then go get Reaper. If you like FLS or Ableton more, then to get those. Making demands before you have the grounds to do so is like a child telling a parent how life works. It's simply naive.

If you really want to have your requests implemented, it's better to work with Mutools, rather than whine about and mock their product. CFR: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=357048

Mutools is run by a single dev who works very hard to meet both user demands and his own wishes. In my experience with Mutools (going six years now), I've never once seen Jo go out of his way to be arrogant or ignorant towards his users. The only times I've even seen him be a little hostile is when some community users get it in their minds that making a mess for the community is how their going to get their wants.

In essence, stop throwing a tantrum. It will get you nowhere with Mutools or the community here.

Regards,
A very satisfied customer and community member of Mutools,
Dakkra
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Return to “MUTOOLS”