Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
L.B.
KVRer

6 posts since 3 Apr, 2009

Postby L.B.; Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:23 am MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE)

Hi,
is there a chance to get MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) in version 8?
mutools
KVRAF

9478 posts since 24 Jun, 2008, from Europe

Postby mutools; Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:27 am Re: MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE)

Currently i cannot really take new feature requests. My todo list is too filled atm. But i'm interested in MPE. I can't find the official MPE specs on MIDI.org though. Strange as MPE indeed appears in more and more products.
EvilDragon
KVRAF

16467 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:50 am Re: MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE)

MPE specification basically uses MIDI channels for per-note expression by means of MIDI CCs and pitch bend.

Beta version of specification can be seen here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-26 ... zyTx8/edit

MMA has adopted MPE and accepted variant of the MPE specification will be available on MIDI.org in coming weeks, they say.
mutools
KVRAF

Postby mutools; Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:04 am Re: MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE)

EvilDragon wrote:MPE specification basically uses MIDI channels for per-note expression by means of MIDI CCs and pitch bend.

Beta version of specification can be seen here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-26 ... zyTx8/edit

Thanks!

MMA has adopted MPE and accepted variant of the MPE specification will be available on MIDI.org in coming weeks, they say.

They said that in January, that's why i'm a bit confused it's not yet there.
Anyway, no prob for me to wait some more for the final official doc.
100% occupied by the current works here.
And if i find a spare minute i can read that beta doc already. Thx again for that.
EvilDragon
KVRAF

16467 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:27 am Re: MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE)

No probs.

Yeah it's just weird how slow those big associations are, eh? :)
mutools
KVRAF

Postby mutools; Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:01 am Re: MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE)

Well i'm currently not in a position to be critical about delays :oops: M8 R&D also takes a lot more time than expected, also due to some unexpected issues, which are being solved.
L.B.
KVRer

6 posts since 3 Apr, 2009

Postby L.B.; Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:15 pm Re: MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE)

I'm not in a position giving you advice, but, from my point of view, MPE and MuLaB as a lean and intuitive usable music tool (that's the reason i love it and use it a lot) would be a perfect match. MPE is a criteria for testing a new host (and I will avoid that).

Moderators: mutools, muzycian

Return to MUTOOLS