MIDI Event Buffer

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey people,

I try to convert an audio signal into midi to use some external LEDs as level meter. I saw that there is an audio envelope follower integrated, which works great. I connect the audio to it, route the modulation output into an midi-controller-generator, which outputs than a CC. So that's working.

But the MIDI output is flooded with MIDI data. Is there some kind of "limiter" or some other mechanism, that allows me to turn down the "update-rate" of that particular MIDI-output? It would be totally sufficient if it updates every 0,5ms or so.

Thanks,
Chris

Draft idea: After the audio has been converted to modulation via the env follower, convert that mod out back to audio, route it into a "Samplerate Reducer" then back to modulation, then to the CC Generator. Didn't try it, just draft idea.

Jo's suggestion will work.
A simpler, but the same idea is to use the modulation mapper module with the curve editor set to stairsteps. Set the number of stairs as the number of bits.

Also, increase the release time in the envelope follower and put a low pass filter before the envelope follower. That should smooth out the signal.

Yeah! Sounds good! I'll try both!

Just a quick update on this:

I tried both solutions and both are working great!
Anyway I'll stick to @AndreasDs solution. This gives me more control over the values that are sent out!
Thank you very much... it's working perfect.

Just another short question: I'm looking for a CC-converter where I'm able to set the CC-number through a meta-controller. It seems there is nothing like that build in. Am I right? The only converter / generator I see is the CC-generator. And here only the value-parameter can be assigned to a meta... but not the CC-number itself.

Sorry, that functionality does only exist offline (convert existing date).

Return to “MUTOOLS”