Note counter?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

here my last question for now. Thanks for your help so far!
I'm looking for a way to count how often a specific note-on (f.e. C3) has been played. After (x) notes a midi CC (# and value doesn't matter) should be triggered / send out.
Any ideas on this?

The idea behind this: Let's say I have to play the same musical phrase over and over again. But after x-times the sound should change. With an automatically send CC I can let my host switch the sound quite easy.

Thanks,
Chris

A step sequencer might help, if it has a mode that lets you step the sequence once per note received (though I don't think the MUX module one unless someone knows how to get this mode). You can then make sure only the selected note reaches the stepper. The idea being the incoming note causes the stepper to emit your incoming note for N steps, then changes to a different note for the next M steps, then eventually back to the start of the step sequence. After the stepper, you route the emitted note to trigger the phrase you want triggered elsewhere.

You could use a note dispatcher, set the number of outputs to however many steps you are counting and only connect one peg to the "cc" module. Make sure to select round robin mode too. Be aware though it doesn't reset itself, that is if you stop playback, and then restart, then the output will be the next peg in line, it won't start from first peg again.
Not sure if ive explained that very well but its fairly straightforward
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Thanks for your replies.

@pljones: Great idea. I found out that the midiStep from the pizmidi-library does exactly what I need. Since it's free I'll use this instead of a MUX.

Return to “MUTOOLS”