Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
chuckwood
KVRist

76 posts since 14 Dec, 2014

Postby chuckwood; Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:39 pm Mux FR. Save samples with host project file

Hi Jo,
As far as possible, I like keeping all of the project files within the same project folder, including samples. (With the exception of large sample libraries used in kontakt.) I would love an option to save the currently used MUX samples within the host daw project file (in my case Reaper).
Both Nuance by New Sonic Arts and Tal Sampler have this feature so it looks like it should be at least technically possible.

It would save a lot headaches when switching to another machine, or loading up an old project from years ago, only to find missing samples in the project.

Thanks for the consideration and don't let me distract you from M8 development :)
mutools
KVRAF

9405 posts since 24 Jun, 2008, from Europe

Postby mutools; Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:01 am Re: Mux FR. Save samples with host project file

That option is already there by embedding samples in the project file.
See http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/common ... mples.html

If samples are set to be embedded, they will also be embedded into the host DAW project file, i mean it works fine for both MuLab and MUX Modular Plug-In.
chuckwood
KVRist

76 posts since 14 Dec, 2014

Postby chuckwood; Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:27 am Re: Mux FR. Save samples with host project file

That's incredible, thanks a lot!
Teaches me for not rtfm well enough. Mux never stops surprising me.

Maybe I could amend the FR, what I would really love is to have the 'embed files' as a general option in preferences, so it could be automatically enabled and updated. Then I wouldn't have to set it up for each project and I wouldn't have to remember to repeat the embed process every time I add or change a sample.
(As far as I can tell, even when the samples are embedded in the project, if you add a new sample, the embed process has to be repeated. I'm happy to be proven wrong again!)

Please put it at the bottom of the wishlist and I'll shut up now.

Moderators: mutools, muzycian

Return to MUTOOLS