Melodyne in MuLab

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Eagerly looking for news on the MuLab 8 release, I browsed the forum and saw this:
I also have the Melodyne Essential plugin but it doesn't load up in Mulab.
Whats wrong with it? Its working very nice here. Have you also tried the rewire-version?
But MuLab does not support ARA, so exactly what can one do with Melodyne Essential within MuLab? My workflow today is recording vocals in MuLab, then exporting them and importing in Melodyne, correct a few notes and then import them back into MuLab. Is there something smarter available?

Thanks!
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

If Mulab 8 supported ARA I would consider buying it.
Currently considering Reaper, Studio One and Cubase, in order of preference because they all have ARA and they are great DAW's.

I use the Melodyne VST with Mulab. I do vocal work in Melodyne and synth/sample work in Mulab. For the most part it works out fine for me :tu:
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

@Dakkra, may I ask how you were able to get it to work with mulab? Is it similar to the vst2dll conversion?
What is the structural integrity of a compound when it is broken down to its wave form?

The same as everything else that surrounds it.

https://soundcloud.com/zendrix

Melodyne provides a VST adapter. It simply came with my version (I use Melodyne 4 Studio).
As a plug-in, Melodyne can be effortlessly integrated into your projects. Melodyne supports the VST, AU, RTAS and AAX plug-in interfaces and combines seamlessly with all important DAWs.
From https://www.celemony.com/en/melodyne/what-is-melodyne

EDIT: if the VST doesn't work (it's known for issues) I've also used it under ReWire with Mulab.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

I usually do as Dakkra (as recently as a few hours ago). ...at least if I understand Dakkra correctly. :wink: What I do is to select an audio track and choose Edit in Melodyne (Essential). Then I do my edits and then save it back. The downside is that I can't hear the music while editing my vocal track, and I can't make timing adjustments really as the timing of Melodyne is off. Perhaps I am in fact using the standalone version when I come to think of it. :wink:

However, a better solution at the moment is probably slaving Reaper to MuLab and work with audio tracks there, especially as they have ARA2 in place now. (Don't know if Studio One can slave to MuLab.) ...or export an instrumental track and insert it in Reaper, Studio One, or Tracktion/Waveform (yes the free Tracktion 7 supports ARA) and work on your audio arrangement there.

I agree with Kalamata Kid - ARA2 is highest on my list for future implementation in MuLab. That said, I still use MuLab as my main DAW because of all its other merits. :tu:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Return to “MUTOOLS”