MuDrum Sends for each Drum Pad

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't think what I want to do is possible, but before I buy a drum vst, I thought I'd double check on here.

Within MuDrum I'd like to be able to add send effects to racks 2,3 and 4 and from each drum pad be able to send to those racks. From what I can see, it's only possible to send from the other MuDrum racks which allows you to route pads to a rack, which in turn sends to another rack (as is done in the Pure demo song). This is ok, but a bit restrictive as you only have 4 racks, so therefore any sound you want reverb send applied to for instance, would have to have the same send level. I hope his makes sense. I know I could build a MUX which achieves this, but Ideally I'd like to use the MuDrum as it integrates with the piano roll.

Thanks in advance.

For send effects you have to reserve one rack for the effect that receives the sends.

Alternative: Use insert effects in each pad itself. Downside: more cpu

Alternative: Place Mudrum into a MUX and add the sends after each of the Mudrum outputs and route them directly to an effect inside that MUX.

Thanks for your reply Andreas.
AndreasD wrote:For send effects you have to reserve one rack for the effect that receives the sends.
Yes, from what I can see you need one rack to house the effect you want to send to and for each pad you want to send to it you need to route to another rack and send from there. Given there are only 4 racks, this isn't viable. I want to be able to send from every pad.
AndreasD wrote: Alternative: Use insert effects in each pad itself. Downside: more cpu
Yes, I'm aware of that option. I don't really want to use insert effects. For effects like reverbs and delays I want to use sends, unless it's for an effect type sound.
AndreasD wrote: Alternative: Place Mudrum into a MUX and add the sends after each of the Mudrum outputs and route them directly to an effect inside that MUX.
That's probably the best option if using MuDrum. However, it doesn't quite do What I want as I want to be able to send from each pad and control for each of those pads how much of the signal is sent. Maybe I've misunderstood the solution. I actually ended up creating a MUX with 12 MuPads, each of which routes to it's own rack which in turn routes to a master rack. There are also 3 racks which house the effects I want to send to. This achieves what I want for now. Thanks again for taking time to respond.

What about building your own MuDrum patch with everything setup as you prefer?
The main module you need is the "Drum Note Processor", then connect synth/sampler/vst/plugin-slot modules and racks as you want.
Then you can also make a suitable front panel for it and save the complete patch as a preset so you can reuse it again and again.
That's in fact the power of MUX: Shape it as you want.

mutools wrote:What about building your own MuDrum patch with everything setup as you prefer?
The main module you need is the "Drum Note Processor", then connect synth/sampler/vst/plugin-slot modules and racks as you want.
Then you can also make a suitable front panel for it and save the complete patch as a preset so you can reuse it again and again.
That's in fact the power of MUX: Shape it as you want.
Thanks Jo. I actually ended up doing that. I just wanted to check here first if I could do what I wanted with MuDrum as it integrates with the piano roll by showing the drum names. A nice-to-have, but I can live without it.

You can also add drum names to your own drum device patch!
See http://mutools.com/info/docs/mux/using- ... names.html

mutools wrote:You can also add drum names to your own drum device patch!
See http://mutools.com/info/docs/mux/using- ... names.html
Excellent! Cheers Jo!

Return to “MUTOOLS”