Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Rogue Element
KVRer

2 posts since 31 Aug, 2018

Postby Rogue Element; Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:36 pm Step Sequencer won't run

Hello all,

I have only just downloaded the demo version of the software, but am having real problems with the step sequencer. The demo video makes it look as though you simply enter note events and set the loop points, and it starts running.

The little button in the top left corner is lit, presumably to show that the sequencer is running, and I have entered some note information, but nothing happens. I have also inserted a synth below the sequencer in the mixer (which I assume is also a requirement?)

I'm sure I'm missing something basic, but it's starting to drive me crazy, so any information which can point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance.
mutools
KVRAF

9530 posts since 24 Jun, 2008, from Europe

Postby mutools; Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:09 pm Re: Step Sequencer won't run

I understand your confusion. The step sequencer is driven by incoming note events. Without incoming note events it won't run. In the video it indeed is not very clear that MIDI input notes are played live, it is visible in the top-right keyboard (C4 is lit) but due to youtube's compression that's not very visible. I've finetuned the relevant doc page to make it more clear:
http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/mu ... -sequencer
Rogue Element
KVRer

2 posts since 31 Aug, 2018

Postby Rogue Element; Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:54 am Re: Step Sequencer won't run

Excellent, many thanks for your help - I have managed to get it working now.

Moderators: muzycian, mutools

Return to MUTOOLS