Augustus Loop VST GUI Blank

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Guys,

Evaluating AL with Cubase LE4 under XP SP1. Other VST's work OK.

AL sound works OK, but GUI blank, so no can control. ...?

Thanks!
t

All my plug-ins are specified to run on XP SP2 and up, so that may be your problem.

Otherwise - what are your hardware specs, particularly graphics hardware? Do you have latest graphics card drivers?

Hi Os,

Oops, I meant XP SP2 (duh). Good question about the video driver, I can check and see if they are the latest, shouldn't hurt to update. Funny that of the couple dozen other VST2 and VST3 apps I've tried so far, not one of them has had any GUI display problems...

I've tried both the old and new AL versions 1.8 and 2.11, and both look the same.

I have been resisting MS Update all year, since I've had bad update luck in the past. I did just install .NET 3.5 though, at the behest of another VST that needed it.

I have a JPEG screen shot (I don't see how to embed it other than as a URL link). But it just shows an empty grey box for Augustus Loop, presumably of the right size.

I admit I'm not a power user (Audacity is about all I ever really need). I only just installed Cubase yesterday, but I'm pretty fond of it already.

Here's the Cubase version info:

About Cubase LE 4
Version 4.0.3 Build 2233 - Built on Apr 26 2007

(Thanks for the quick response, I can tell you guys run a first class operation.)

FWIW, here are some snips from msinfo32.exe:

<System Summary>
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name MEAGHERHOME
System Manufacturer ECS
System Model 761GX-M754
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 28 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~1800 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 080012, 11/10/2005
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
User Name MEAGHERHOME\Tom Meagher
Time Zone Central Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 210.90 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 2.33 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

<Display>
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_1039&DEV_6330&SUBSYS_63301039&REV_03\4&143DABAF&0&0008
Adapter Type SiS 761, SiS compatible
Adapter Description SiS Mirage Graphics
Adapter RAM 32.00 MB (33,554,432 bytes)
Installed Drivers sisgrv.dll
Driver Version 6.14.10.3740
INF File oem12.inf (Xabre660 section)
Color Planes 1
Color Table Entries 4294967296
Resolution 1680 x 1050 x 60 hertz
Bits/Pixel 32
Memory Address 0xD8000000-0xDFFFFFFF
Memory Address 0xFEBE0000-0xFEBFFFFF
I/O Port 0x0000E800-0x0000E87F
IRQ Channel IRQ 16
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF
I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\sisgrp.sys (6.14.10.3740, 249.00 KB (254,976 bytes), 5/28/2006 9:32 PM)

TexasTommy wrote:Funny that of the couple dozen other VST2 and VST3 apps I've tried so far, not one of them has had any GUI display problems...
Very few plug-ins have GUIs written like mine (using OpenGL).

I'm not quite sure what to suggest. Of the few problems I've had reported on Windows, most are of the crashing variety (on old/weak hardware) - I don't recall anyone else mentioning just getting a blank screen. Could you try my Little Spacey plug-in? That has subtly different display code to Augustus Loop. How that behaves on your system might give me some clues.

I suppose if you could try them in something other than Cubase (there are loads of free host apps listed here on KVR) that might help too.

Hi, I am new here.
I have the exact same problem. I have WIndows XP (SP3) and use Nuendo 3 as my host.
Installed the Windows 32 bit version 2.3
I can open the August VST on my track but all I see is a blank screen (both on the August fx and normal VST). I think Nuendo supports VST2 plugins.

What can be the problem?
And what free host can I try to see if Nuendo is the problem?

You could try the Ableton Live demo.

Didn't have the chance to try Ableton.
Just tried it again and now suddenly I can see the Augustloop screen in Nuendo 3 when I select it on my audiotrack...it seems to work.

But when I select 'augustloop fxloop' as my VST effect on an audiotrack the screen is blank? Also Nuendo crashed a couple of times by doing this. What do you use this fxloop for? Or maybe I am doing something wrong here? and what do you have to see on your screen when selecting 'augustloop fxloop'?

I suggest you read the user manual for a description of the fxloop version.

ok fair enough. I am justing starting with this today.
But is it normal that I get a blank screen when selecting 'augustloop fxloop'? Or is it supposed to work right away normally?

You should never see a blank UI.

ok, then what can be wrong?

Any number of things. Are your graphics drivers up to date?

Think so. Not 100% sure though. Didn't experience any problems so far with other software. I can see the 'august loop' screen now but not the fx loop' screen. so I suspect the graphic drivers are not the issue otherwise the 'august loop'screen would also be blank?

Possibly Nuendo doesn't like 6-in 6-out plug-ins (which is what the fxloop version is).

Return to “Expert Sleepers”