Silent Way LFO not good for vibrato (bump in sine wave) (A1 vibrato in voice controller)

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please help, i'm trying to do a vibrato for my Slim Phatty with Silent Way LFO but doesn't sound right, there a bump in the sine wave that is not musical. The LFO for vibrato in Voice controller is wonderful, but don't want to setup voice controller for the Slim Phatty. Same thing with my Korg Monotron perfect in voice controller but unusable vibrato with Silent way LFO. Thanks for your help[/u]

hmm... I don't remember having a shape issue with LFO, but just to make sure you know, you can use Voice with a single audio channel assigned and just send the pitch/LFO to the single channel. I tend to use it with 3 (Pitch, Gate, Env1)
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Thanks SJ but if I want the lfo in voice controller to be active i need to do a full setup for CV use with the Slim Phatty and unplug my midi cable. That's is probably what i will do at the end...

No you don't, that's what I'm saying. You can single channel the Voice module, just like you can the LFO.

but, I also don't understand the "bump" on the LFO. Are you using the ES modules, or just CV from your audio card?

Good to have you online SJ, ok let's say i'm using one channel. I still need to put something in the Calibration data (linear 1v/oct) if not the lfo will do nothing right ? Also on the channel (for me is channel 1) i need to open up the pitch level knob. Then adjust the Depht level and speed level to my taste. I'm using Silent way 1.7 i'm broke and cannot spend 20$ on the upgrade...

SJ_Digriz wrote:but, I also don't understand the "bump" on the LFO. Are you using the ES modules, or just CV from your audio card?
Using my Saffire LE with ac encoder.

[quote="BOB "T""]I still need to put something in the Calibration data (linear 1v/oct) if not the lfo will do nothing right ? Also on the channel (for me is channel 1) i need to open up the pitch level knob. Then adjust the Depht level and speed level to my taste. [/quote]
Yes this is correct, you do need to calibrate. Probably doesn't need to be accurate if all you want is LFO. So, you could probably toss in any existing calibration file.

I'm still curious about the "bump" in the LFO. I'll try to remember to check it out tonight. I haven't really used that module other than to test it out. My Cubase template is an instance of Sync to send to my sequencers, and an instance of voice, which has enough utility to do all kinds of things, including LFO. But, I do have a calibration from my Oscillators.

SJ_Digriz wrote:I'm still curious about the "bump" in the LFO. I'll try to remember to check it out tonight. I haven't really used that module other than to test it out. My Cubase template is an instance of Sync to send to my sequencers, and an instance of voice, which has enough utility to do all kinds of things, including LFO. But, I do have a calibration from my Oscillators.
Not really a bump but not smooth like a vibrato, good for everything else like sweep, fx, etc.. oh oh i think i realize something i put the Ac encoder to Unipolar would it be it as my sine wave go from neutral to up but never down ?

I think it's because my Ac encoder was set to unipolar so i got a mountain slope instead of a full sine ? Will check that tonight

[quote="BOB "T""]
SJ_Digriz wrote:I'm still curious about the "bump" in the LFO. I'll try to remember to check it out tonight. I haven't really used that module other than to test it out. My Cubase template is an instance of Sync to send to my sequencers, and an instance of voice, which has enough utility to do all kinds of things, including LFO. But, I do have a calibration from my Oscillators.
Not really a bump but not smooth like a vibrato, good for everything else like sweep, fx, etc.. oh oh i think i realize something i put the Ac encoder to Unipolar would it be it as my sine wave go from neutral to up but never down ?[/quote]
possibly you are only getting the positive or negative sweep. But, again I don't know much about those particular plugs and how they work. Sorry. I just don't remember the LFO being other than correct. I also don't have to use the AC encoder, so that's even another layer of ignorance on my part.

It took me a bit to get SW working because I have a channel on my audio card that will not process the gate signal for some reason. Guess which port was always the default when I set up voice! So I fought it for weeks and was so frustrated. Once I figured it out, the SW stuff are my favorite plugs. They are just a bit complicated to use. So, hang in there .. it's probably something simple that will require a facepalm when you get it.

[quote="BOB "T""]I think it's because my Ac encoder was set to unipolar so i got a mountain slope instead of a full sine ? Will check that tonight[/quote]
that could do it ... good luck. And post back if that was the problem.

Thanks SJ i'll post for sure

Solve ! Important for Vibrato Ac encoder need to be at bipolar, also after reading on the forum, smooth knob (i put it at 100%) help a lot when doing some CC control.
Doing that (bipolar) will detuned your synth so just turn the offset knob down (not too low because you'll squash the sine wave) to perfect pitch. Now I control the filter and the vibrato with aftertouch with my Slim Phatty and the result is super musical and smooth. How can i upload a sample file to show the result on the forum ?

Return to “Expert Sleepers”